TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Elliotte

Can't Deal with It - July 22nd 2010, 03:02 AM

Original story can be found here -
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f18-f...9922-hes-gone/

Basically, my friend and I got into a minor fight on Friday. Haven't talked since. I sent a FB message and later sent a text yesterday. The message was sent in the afternoon and the text message was sent nearer to midnight. On the very rare chance he wouldn't have checked his FB messages by now, he'd have at least gotten his text messages, and the fact he hasn't responded... leads me to believe he really is done with me. And I'm not sure how to handle his abandonment. We've had bigger quarrels than this (once or twice). It just seems so stupid that this would end our friendship, but there's not much more I can do. I'm giving him until the weekend... more of a grace period than he deserves, really, but that's when I'm going to take the next step, assuming I have to take one at all. Right now, I'm not really sure what to think or how to handle this. I don't get it. It's almost fucking bizarre. I don't handle losing friends well, let alone my best friend and let alone the only person I know in person. I love him so, so, so much. He's my best friend, and now he's gone...?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Can't Deal with It - July 22nd 2010, 03:43 AM

It sucks that this particular argument would be the final straw in your friendship... but looking back, it seems like the friendship could have ended much sooner, given the way he treats you at times. I guess all you really can do is wait. Maybe, just MAYBE, he didn't get your messages, due to work or other commitments. Chances are, he DID read your messages, but is still thinking about how to respond. Maybe he's chosen not to respond... which in itself IS a response ("It's over").

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Elliotte

Re: Can't Deal with It - July 22nd 2010, 05:31 AM

A friend of mine said that maybe this was for the better. She essentially said that if he hadn't shown what sort of friend he was before, he certainly has now. And I'll admit that there are some things that have happened... Eh, he could have treated me a lot better. But I still don't see why I have to be the one hurting over this. If I handled it okay or if I'm not the one to blame and to be apologising yadda yadda in this situation, then how come I'm the one being "punished" for it? I haven't hurt this bad in a long, long time, and part of it is because I feel so guilty... Ugh.

But yes, obviously, if he doesn't respond by the weekend, I'll have taken it to meant that he doesn't give much of a goddamn about me. x.x

EDIT: This wasn't meant to sound snappy, either. Am not sure how to re-word it, lol. I guess I'm just insanely frustrated with the situation because I don't understand it and it's turning into a worst case scenario that I don't want to accept...

Closed Thread