TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Detritus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jordan

I honestly think I'm losing my friend. - February 16th 2009, 05:01 AM

Hi guys, I hope this is the right forum to post this in because I didn't know which category it fell under mostly, because I have feelings for this girl.

But anyway, a friend of mine who I've been talking to for a few months has been different lately, she used to talk to me every single day and we'd talk on the phone for hours. At this point I became really attached to her and began developing feelings for her.

Fast forward a month and now she just hasn't been the same lately, she reassures me that everything is fine but she just never talks to me anymore, and when she does she's always really short with me. I think she picked up on the fact that I really like her, and is really creeped out by me :/

Can anyone shed any light here? I actually consider her as my best friend and I honestly don't know what to do.
  Send a message via AIM to Detritus  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
lauren_160 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lauren

Re: I honestly think I'm losing my friend. - February 16th 2009, 10:05 AM

Hey, i'm not really sure what the post above me is about, but anyway, just try and give your friend some time, patience makes the heart grow fonder remember:P it works the same with friends, i know its hard, seeing as you are very close to her, but maybe sit her down and tell her what you've just posted, that you feel like shes being blunt with you and its upsetting you a bit because you thought you were close.

Take care x

Lauren

"The stars are always there but we miss them in the dirt and clouds. We miss them in the storms. Tell them to remember hope. We have hope."

"But in the ruins there is still a canvas. There is still beauty in your brokenness. The faded scars show healing reminding me that even though Iíve been in dark places, Iíve survived and learned and become stronger".

(#3 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: I honestly think I'm losing my friend. - February 16th 2009, 12:01 PM

Lauren has said it all really!
You need to talk to her about it, otherwise things will just carry on as they are. Perhaps write her a letter, therefore she can't quickly change subjects and you can get across all of your feelings to her.

Good luck!

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: I honestly think I'm losing my friend. - February 16th 2009, 03:15 PM

Hi Jordan,

From what it sounds like, this friend of yours wants to be just that- a friend. If she is creeped out by your feelings for her, then maybe you should talk to her about this. Explain that you really like being friends with her. If she doesn't want the friendship to go farther, then I think you should respect that.

It sounds like you're still friends, so I'm sure she wouldn't mind a chat about this sometime.

All the best to you,
Nat.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Detritus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jordan

Re: I honestly think I'm losing my friend. - February 16th 2009, 04:21 PM

To be honest, as far as the talking thing has went, I have talked to her on multiple occasions and she insists nothing is different and everything is fine and dandy. And I should have found a different word to describe how she's been acting, because short doesn't seem to be the right word.

The way she's been is just.. one line responses, avoiding me essentially and all that other fun stuff. The possibility of me sitting her down is non-existent
  Send a message via AIM to Detritus  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
faded rainbow Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I honestly think I'm losing my friend. - February 16th 2009, 07:23 PM

have you tried telling her how u actually feel about her? ....i was really close friends with this guy once and one of my friends told me he liked me and i was a bit funny with him but then when he actually told me how he felt i was ok with him .....
or if not maybe just reassure her your there for her if nething is wrong and make sure she knows she can talk to you about nething x

Closed Thread