TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Isn't it ironic? - August 4th 2010, 03:41 AM

For a month, I went over to my best friend's new apartment in Texas. The main reason was that I wanted to see my best friend and spend some time with him. The other reason was because I was given an opportunity to make some money. His dad works on construction jobs, and so 9.25 an hour sounded pretty good. My best friend encouraged me that I was going to make a lot of money and come home with enough money to build a new PC and not waste any of my own money. For a while, he's been dating a woman who just turned 18, and I honestly don't like her too much...but David loves her, and that's really all that matters to me.

Fast forward to my arrival back at Georgia. Before I left for Texas, I left with about 500 dollars. I came back...with 100. I payed one of David's apartment bills, I helped pay for groceries, I helped buy restaurant food. I helped them move furniture, I listened to David and his girlfriend arguing constantly, and I sat in a chair and watched David play Modern Warfare 2 for a couple hours every other night. From my perspective, I didn't do anything wrong. I don't know David's perspective because...well, I can't get in touch with him. The last time that we talked on the phone was when I called to ask him how much poker chips we distribute among five people. But he never called me after that. I only called him once.

So, my best friend is avoiding me. My best friend doesn't have his cell phone re-activated so I have to call his girlfriend's phone. I eventually manage to get in touch with her on Facebook and asked if David was mad at me. She responded "well, why don't you ask him yourself?" I responded with a "well, maybe I will!" I told her to tell David to call me after he got off work the next day. The next day, I waited about three hours before I decided to call. I called twice, no response. I went on Xbox Live, and sure enough...David was playing Modern Warfare 2 (the game that he absolutely loves and the game that I absolutely hate), and I invited him to several party chats. As a last resort, I sent him messages. No response. There is no doubt in my mind that he is avoiding me. I thought that maybe he was upset with me because I never really called him, but he never really called me. I don't see how he could be upset with me. So I typed a decently long message on Xbox Live saying that I don't know what's wrong. I'm sorry for whatever I did, but I won't waste my time chasing you around so I'll leave you alone and come talk to me when you're ready to talk. Most importantly, I said, regardless, love you dude.

Am I doing something wrong here? This is an odd situation for me because if I knew that he was upset with me, I'd usually be the first to initiate a conversation and talk about it. But now he's not even putting forth any effort. Halp?

Last edited by Brandon; August 4th 2010 at 03:46 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Isn't it ironic? - August 4th 2010, 05:26 AM

People only avoid others like that if they owe someone a lot of money or a big favour, or if they don't like you and don't want to hear from you. If you want, try to call again a few times but I think the relationship is dead in the water.
Perhaps it's dead because neither of you called each other a lot but given you're trying to call him and he does this, unless he owes you something big, he probably doesn't like you and doesn't want to socialize with you. I cant think of any other reasons, sorry B-dawg.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Isn't it ironic? - August 4th 2010, 12:50 PM

Or if their girlfriends are making them.

You said that you didn't like his girlfriend, but how did she feel about you? Does she know (or do you think she could have worked out) that you don't like her? If she doesn't like you for whatever reason, it could be that she a) hasn't been passing on your messages and b) has been complaining to him that she doesn't want him to talk to you.

But to answer your original question, no, it doesn't sound like you have or are doing anything wrong. I think this is something that is going on on his end rather than yours.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Isn't it ironic? - August 5th 2010, 02:46 AM

Sounds like he's not looking forward to you calling in the favor. I'm the sure the girlfriend isn't helping, either... but surely he could borrow a friend's/co-worker's cell phone and get in contact with you? Sneak onto his e-mail and send something your way when his girlfriend is away or asleep? Unless he's deliberately avoiding you so that he doesn't have to pay up, which I think is the case. =/

Closed Thread