TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

:? was friend - August 4th 2010, 09:45 AM

well so my best friend.. well idk if we are anymore. she kinda makes me feel like shit at times. as soon as her bf is around i dnt matter, she got a hair cut it looked really nice i said so, she is like "sigh i wonder if ..Bf will like it."
and idk all she talks about is bf this bf that. oh i miss him so much...she saw him an hour ago.
so i havent talked to her for a few days. cos im truley pissed at her, i just got told that she was crying at lunch, i feel stink. i didnt mean to hurt her. i just dont want to be round her anymore. maybe its cos wen i move i wont have to say good bye. or maybe our time together is ment to end now?
idk im sick of the bitchyness with her, i still wish her a good life and hope she gets better but yea....

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: :? was friend - August 4th 2010, 11:01 AM

I know what you mean, i guess you kind of feel like she is using you? Like she is around you when SHE has no one else, but as soon as her BF comes along, you are out of the picture?
I also know what its like for people to be CONSTANTLY on about guys, luckily enough, my bestest friend hates this too, but unfortunately my other close friends are very much into the whole dating thing. And its like trying to have a conversation with a robot...all they do is text, text, text...then complain when they have used too many texts. Its like omg, you dont have to be with your BF 24/7. I also noticed a huge change in a lot of my friends in about year 9, when boys came into the picture. It sucks, but it just does happen.
Your friend is obviously just obsessed with this guy, but the novelty will ware off and she will end up getting over it, and maybe getting over him. Maybe it wasnt such a bad idea you left her for a few days, but since she is clearly upset and you are clearly over fighting, it is time to forgive and try to forget. Just tell her you got sick of her constantly on about her boyfriend, but it is over now and you want to be friends, you dont really want to move away hating her? Do you?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: :? was friend - August 5th 2010, 05:54 AM

no i dont am talking to her now. on msn, im trying to sort things out.

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: :? was friend - August 5th 2010, 08:04 AM

Take this scenario: you come home and your parents bought you a really cute puppy (or kitten) and you're ecstatic with joy because you've always wanted one. You play with it, fluff it, and such. A few days later you meet a friend at school and you're happy about the puppy (and perhaps she ask you about it) so you express your happiness with her about it. However, she doesn't have a puppy yet so she gets put down a bit because you just got one and talk a lot about it. She then thinks you're a stick up bitch because of how much you're talking about the puppy so she goes elsewhere and ignores you at school. EXACT same scenario here.

She's happy with her boyfriend, what is so terrible about that? Perhaps she is obsessive with him, however, what's clear is you may be obsessive with her because when she isn't giving you complete attention while you're talking, you're angry at her for being happy with someone else and expressing the joy. Just let her be happy. If she was crying because you ditched her, then that shows she has a strong relationship with you also. If she was crying because of a boyfriend issue or other issue, you came to her, showing you have a strong relationship with her.

What's wrong with happiness?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: :? was friend - August 5th 2010, 09:05 PM

thats no the point im happy that she is happy, truly i am. i love her to bits. but she just gtting on my nerves to much. so yeah pretty much im a totaly fucking stuck up bitch for not talking to her right?because i know ill end up spazing ?
she ends up bringing me down all the time. im fine with the fact i dont have a boy firend i dont want one. but i dont have to hear about him all the time. seriously, when we talked to her and told her she was getting to attached she just went meh, w.e. we only said that cos we know what she was like after the last break ups, 2 years ago and she is just healing now. yeah thats right im a sinical bitch, so what?

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Verità Offline
Formerly KeeperOfMysteries
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Re: :? was friend - August 9th 2010, 03:39 AM

I find what usually works best is to tell the friend EXACTLY how you feel. My cousin and best friend was dating a boy from my town, and it seemed like all she talked about was him. I almost started feeling jealous. Eventually, at one sleepover, I told her that I understood she was in love, but I felt like I was being pushed aside. After our talk, she started paying more attention to me, although we would still chat about him :3 So, sit your friend down, and talk.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the [mome raths] outgrabe.

Closed Thread