TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ShizukanaGinCho Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Angry ......*sigh* - August 4th 2010, 01:58 PM

ok well im the oldest of three sisters (thot this point might be impt.)...and my mother wakes up at like four in the mornig to exercise and get ready for work.and EVERY MORNING atFOUR she wakes me up to do differnt things...shell ask me to make her boiled eggs...then id go back to sleep..then shed wake me up again to iron her clothes...i go back sleep..again...then she wakes me up again to do something else...and then when i try to go back to sleep...I CAN'T!! because with me ..if i wake up and stay up for a while or ARE CONSTANTLY WOKEN UP >:O then i cant go back to sleep...and it really pisses me off the fact she wakes me up so early to do things SHE CAN DO HERSELF ....she has legs and arms!!..but the thing that really makes me mad is that she has two other kids who have arms and legs and are capable of doing these things..BUT YET FOR W.E. REASON SHE ENJOYS WAKING ME!! UP AT FOUR IN THE MORINING....WTFFFF!!!!!! >:O

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eyes on Fire-Xx Offline
The doctor's next companion
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sumi

Re: ......*sigh* - August 4th 2010, 03:24 PM

woah o_o why would your mom have you cookher breakfast anxd iorn her clothes? wtf. tell her to do it herself, less she had kids for slave labor. or tell her to make other the kids help. she has time to continusly wake you up but cant put eggs in a pot of water?

The strongest oaks
grow in opposing winds
and Diamonds are
made under
Pressure

PM me anytime for anything at all! <3<3<3
  Send a message via AIM to Eyes on Fire-Xx Send a message via MSN to Eyes on Fire-Xx  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ShizukanaGinCho Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: ......*sigh* - August 4th 2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeping Angel View Post
woah o_o why would your mom have you cookher breakfast anxd iorn her clothes? wtf. tell her to do it herself, less she had kids for slave labor. or tell her to make other the kids help. she has time to continusly wake you up but cant put eggs in a pot of water?

exactly!!!! ...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: ......*sigh* - August 4th 2010, 07:30 PM

Hey there,

I would suggest that you talk to your mom about this. Explain your frustrations and concerns and hopefully she will make some changes. It does definitely sound like she is expecting to much from you and that sucks. However viewing if from her point of view maybe she wants some extra help around the house because she is tired and what not.

If you explain to her how it is effecting you and ask her if it is possible for you to A) do some other things to help her B) have her wake your siblings up on occasion too.

There could be a number of reasons that she is asking you to do this but until you ask her and communicate how it is effecting you nothing is going to be solved.

Best of luck,

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: ......*sigh* - August 5th 2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CourageousSurvivor~ View Post
If you explain to her how it is effecting you and ask her if it is possible for you to A) do some other things to help her B) have her wake your siblings up on occasion too.
I would definitely go with this suggestion. First, tell her how this is affecting your sleeping habits and performance later on in the day. I'll bet it's hard to concentrate on school work when you don't get enough sleep, right? So emphasize that. Say something like "I really do want to help you out around the house, but if I wake up at 4 A.M., I won't be able to fall back asleep, and then I'm tired the rest of the day."

You can then offer to help her out later on in the day... for example, having dinner ready when she gets home from work, or having her clothing ironed and ready to go by the time she goes to bed. That way, you'll still be helping out, and it won't look like you're just trying to get out of doing chores.

You could also suggest that you and your siblings rotate... so instead of you waking up every day, you'll only wake up 2-3 days per week (if your mom only works Monday - Friday, it'll be 1-2 days per week). Again, this will show that you are being reasonable and still want to help out, and you're not just trying to get out of doing things entirely.

Closed Thread