TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Got love?
Not a n00b

Name: Sophie

So many lies - August 5th 2010, 03:48 PM

So........ i really dont know what to do. I recently found out that my bestfriend has been lying to me. About MANY things.

I was over at her house last night and she said that she has this new boyfriend, hes so awesome I should meet him, and that he was at her house earlier that day. I come to find out after asking her siblings about it that she was making the whole thing up to make herself seem more popular.

She also has said that she has all these friends that are seniors that i dont know. Also a lie. Im just not all that sure if I can trust her anymore Shes been my bestfriend for years, and she only recently started doing this...... what can I do?

Bi-sexual and proud

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: So many lies - August 5th 2010, 03:59 PM

I would look at the reason why she feels she had to lie about these things. I doubt her intent it to hurt you by lying about having a boyfriend and being friends with the seniors.

Like you said, she's probably craving popularity/wanting to fit in. I had a lot of friends in high school who did this and I often got them to fess up by just generally talking about friends lying, instead of accusing them of lying. I would say just try to find a way to get her to feel like she can open up and realize that she's not alone and doesn't have to lie about these things to impress you or anyone else.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
Closed Thread