TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

What to do.... - August 9th 2010, 04:51 AM

Okay, here is the situation:

My best friend had invited me to spend the night Friday night. She is gonna be moving soon so we want to get together as often as we can before she moves. This Friday would be our last time to hang out for awhile because I will be going away to college very soon. I know, this seems like an easy question and that I should spend time with her.

Here is the tricky part:

I have a Dr. Appt. Friday evening. We made the plans and forgot the appointment. Her parents won't even be there because they would be on a trip, hence the reason that I would be staying over, because her parents want her to have company. She's 20 and I'm 19, gonna be 20 in December. Even though she is older, I'm a little more mature.

Anyways, the appointment is closer to my friend's house than my house and my mom works nearby. I could stay home for the day and have my mom take me, like we always do, or I could go over there and my mom takes me and brings me back to my friend's house. My friend wants me to spend the two days with her, but her house is always boring. We always run out of things to do.

Now, the question:

What exactly should I do? Should I spend Friday with her, leave for a few hours, and come back to spend the night? Or should I spend the day at home, have my mom take me to my appointment, and then go to my friend's.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: What to do.... - August 9th 2010, 04:59 AM

If it is your last time you are seeing her in a long time I would change my appointment and just hang with her all day unless it is something serious that you need to go to the doctor Friday but if it's not change it your friend is leaving the doctor is not.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: What to do.... - August 9th 2010, 05:09 AM

You missed the point...I'm leaving! I cannot change or reschedule either one!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: What to do.... - August 9th 2010, 05:15 AM

You didn't point out that the appointment could not be changed... do whatever you want I guess go to appointment and than your friends' house since you get bored really easy there.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: What to do.... - August 9th 2010, 11:00 AM

If it's for a close friend and if I were in your shoes, I'd stay Friday at friend's house, leave for appointment then return to friend. Perhaps the two of you could leave her house on Friday (part of the day at least) to go somewhere exciting because her house is boring. When you spend the night, I'd definitely say, popcorn, cookies, and other junk food, maybe alcohol too with at least one movie. For that night, screw whatever weight or diet things you two may be doing, or not wanting to indulge a lot. If either of you are concerned and think/say stuff of "well, either only a little bit of popcorn or a little bit of candies, not both", I say screw that. Get both and get lots of both, and plenty of other things too. If it's a close friend, then do this so you leave with a bang and can remember that spending time at her house wasn't completely boring. Perhaps even have kareokee and a nice amount of caffeine for both of you. Make it loud (not too loud so people have cops come over), and just go all out.

When some of my friends left to go to different places, this is pretty much what we did. That day, we all went to a store, bought enough pop, popcorn, candy, roast chicken, pizza, ordered in chinese, etc... to feed an army. Granted, the morning afterward it resulted in a pretty big mess but point was, if they're going away for a while, end it with a blast.

Or, go together to a buffet or other place you two both love and make the most of that night, even if it means going from one place to another.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: What to do.... - August 9th 2010, 06:35 PM

Umm...yeah, I may go Friday, but she is not allowed any junk foods or high calorie foods as she has some kind of ED...or something like that. Sorry if that little tidbit triggered anyone, but I was just trying to explain. Oh, and we probably cannot go anywhere. Granted, we could go to the townscenter, but it's a long bikeride and I cannot ride a bike very well. Plus, her parents would probably say that we cannot go anywhere, as we wold be there by ourselves, and we wouldn't have any money anyways. And her ears are a little sensitive and we are both underage so, we cannot drink.

Sorry to put down that wonderful idea....but I did it for her safety. Anyways I was just looking for the answer for my question...but if you want to know what we could do, then I will tell you.

We could go swimming, play Wii, watch a movie, watch TV, ride bikes in the neighborhood, go to the clubhouse (but she never really wants to go there), listen to music and dance a little, and I could bring my laptop and bring a computer game she might like and we could play that together. But these things usually does not last a long time.

She is not very energetic, and I'm not either, although I am a little more energetic than she is. If you could suggest simple little things that we could do, like what I had put down, that would be wonderful. But unfortunately, she doesn't have board games, but I could bring a couple of mine I guess.

Sorry this is a long post, but I felt I should explain further. Maybe I gotta provide some things to do? Never thought of that before...but I'm kinda drawing a blank.

Closed Thread