TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Question i resent my parents :( - August 19th 2010, 07:16 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i just realized today i have a deep resentment for my dad and i've always had resentment for my mom but i dont know why i know everything is with good intention and my dad bends over backwards for me though it doesnt always feel like it and i don't treat him with the love and respect i should but i cant help it i just get so mad at him sometimes good reasoning or not...im hoping my doctor sends me to a pro concellor or phycologist or something i have an apt with him to find out if i have depression or not, but i just feel so awful about this i dont have a reason to resent my dad but a weird feeling in my throat says i do tho in my head i try to let everything go

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: i resent my parents :( - August 20th 2010, 05:04 AM

Before you go off to the psychiatrist, most kids your age have some rebellion that may show as resentment towards parents. It's common, I've seen it amongst everyone but different people rebel more or less based on their upbringing. I'd only go to the psychiatrist depending on the cause of the resentment. For example, if I resented my father because I believed he was transmitting information to a secret intergalactic space agency via his MP3 player while my mother was actually Darth Vader in disguise, then I'd definitely go. If there's no such abnormal things, I may not go.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

Re: i resent my parents :( - August 20th 2010, 08:56 AM

yes but i resent them for alot of unresolved problems, my dad made me chose between him and my mom twice when she visited calgary and started a big fight between me and her, and my mom made me resent her for cheating on her boyfriend back when we both actually lived there and so many other reasons i try to let go because they have messed me up quite a bit...i just cant see to let the anger good and it gets deeper and deeper when i try to hide it the only thing that really makes me feel better is my sport...but i cant spar or train 24/7

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

Closed Thread