TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sad_Lauren Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lauren

Unhappy How Do I Reach Out? - August 26th 2010, 07:33 PM

i need help. i know that. i just don't know how i can reach out because i've done so much to show i needed help. i reached out in the beginning of it all and nobody did anything. they left me, ignored. now it's gotten worse and i can't reach out again for the fear of being left. again. my family doesn't get me in the first place, how can they get me if i say i think i have depression? i need some answers to get help.
  Send a message via AIM to Sad_Lauren Send a message via MSN to Sad_Lauren Send a message via Skype™ to Sad_Lauren 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: How Do I Reach Out? - August 26th 2010, 09:15 PM

Well first off *hug* What do you think is causing you to be depressed? Since your family isnt helping i would just go to your doctor and talk to them about it and see what they have to say, they normally have some great advise as to things you can do differently in your live to change how your feeling, or if need be they might be able to give you something to curb the depression until you get a hold of it on your own. I personally would try to avoid taking of drugs if you can, and try other means first, like doing more things you enjoy, such as hobbies, art, writing, music, painting, etc. That and try to do more phyical things, like walking, hiking, joggging, working out maybe, biking, etc. Using the body and pushing it phyiscally just makes a person feel good. That and maybe start trying to do things that you always wanted to try before and just havent gotten around to it yet. Doing new things is always exciting and situlates the body and mind and generally helps curb depression aswell. And in doing alot of these things maybe you can involve your family in some of them, and that too should bring a closer family bond and help over all for everyones over all health and well being. Not to meantion maybe then they will see where you are coming from and that you need their support. Hope this helps

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sad_Lauren Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lauren

Re: How Do I Reach Out? - August 26th 2010, 10:22 PM

i'll try to exercise more and try talking to a doctor. my depression, i think, is just caused by a lot of bad things in my life. i had a really rough year andbefore that my life has always been really hard. i think i just kinda snapped this year. as i look back i see that i always showed symptoms which could've been, and were, cast off as signs of puberty. thanks :]
  Send a message via AIM to Sad_Lauren Send a message via MSN to Sad_Lauren Send a message via Skype™ to Sad_Lauren 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: How Do I Reach Out? - August 27th 2010, 03:46 AM

no problem, glad i could help, keep me posted and message me if you would like

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Susurrous Offline
Just wandering...
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Drew

Re: How Do I Reach Out? - August 27th 2010, 04:53 AM

Yes...when in doubt, visit a doctor. If you happen to have a pediatrician appointment coming up soon, that would work, as well. Or you can talk to a school guidance counselor. There are so many opportunities for kids who really don't have the support of the family. You don't necessarily have to reach out to your family, but if you still want to it's important to remember to kill them with kindness and to make deals and treaties. Just imagine you and your parents being two separate countries. How do you think a country would try to maintain peace with its neighbors? Send aid, ally, share resources. You have to tell them that you are willing to take up more responsibilities around the house or do as they please if they help you through this process. Be patient and fake that smile until you make it. By offering support to them they will have no other choice but to return the favor. In the mean time, as James said, keep yourself occupied. If you have nothing else to do just come on the forums and talk about your year. There are plenty of ears to vent to...PM me if you'd like!

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."

Closed Thread