TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Becca

Mine and my stepfamily splitting =( - August 26th 2010, 08:12 PM

Well... Im fifteen and in my life ive had 3 dads and none of them were biological. My biological father tricked my mom into having sex with him when she was 13 and became pregnant with me. I only met him once and couldnt even look him in the face.

My mom has only ever had long term boyfriends except in high school. Her first long term boyfriends name was ken and he and his family were very nice. For the first time I had a second set of grandparents and aunts and uncles and a cousin. Mom split with him after about 4 years and a short engagement.

My moms next long term boyfriend was named tim and I have known him since i was 7 and still occasionally see and talk to him to this day. Once again I had a family and I was very happy. I adored my grandparents and I had two cousin about my age. Mom broke up with him after about 4 years and that was very sad.

A few months later my mom began to date a man named mickey and he later moved in. Mickey has 2 kids who are both older than me. They moved in later. I love them all very much even though they all have their annoying quirks sometimes. Mickey proposed last christmas and mom accepted. A month or so ago mom returned the ring and told him she didnt want to marry him. Ten days ago she told him that she wanted him and his kids moved out of the house before September 15th.

I dont know how to deal with this anymore. It makes me so sad to lose my brother, sister, daddy, and grandma and worse to have this be something Im used to.

Any advice?

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." ~Oscar Wilde
  Send a message via AIM to falling_like_stars  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: Mine and my stepfamily splitting =( - August 26th 2010, 08:50 PM

Well that is very rough, and i do know what your going through, i had a simular issue when i was growing up. Saddly as far as stopping it, there is nothing you can do, that is your mom's world and chooses to make. but you can let her know it is affective you negitively, might not help, but at least she will know. That and you can still stay in contact with your step bro and sis and step dad and still have a solid realationship with them. its what i ended up doing, and i made the best of a shitty situation. And truth be told i have an awesome realationship with them still and its been 10 years.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Becca

Re: Mine and my stepfamily splitting =( - August 27th 2010, 01:34 AM

Thanks. I do understand that its not something I can fix and it will probably work out in the end and everyone will be happier. The only thing is that right now I feel terrible. My house isnt really my home right now, its five people living together and avoiding eachother and I feel so forgotten in the midst of all the chaos. I just want them to move out at this point so at least I wont have to deal with the wierdness and my moms craziness and anger. She gets stressed and has a very short temper when she is.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." ~Oscar Wilde
  Send a message via AIM to falling_like_stars  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
RedJames Offline
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: Mine and my stepfamily splitting =( - August 27th 2010, 03:39 AM

well maybe try spending more time at friends houses and just being out of the house more, or in your room more, until they are out

Closed Thread