TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hayleeey Offline
MrsRussellHoward
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hayley McIntosh

I Have Nothing Anymore :'( - September 17th 2010, 07:52 PM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Just as I'm getting my life back together after my mum died 6 months ago, I've had trouble with things;mainly the two most important things in my life;my friends and family...

Firstly, I cannot control my temper and the social work has been involved as I trashed the house one night after school because my parents[My great aunt and uncle who fostered me in 2002] took my laptop me as they were snooping around on it and found out that boys were asking me to do sexual things. They are always pressuring me to do chores and my homework before anything else and then they always say I need to change my attitude, but I can't help it. My brother is also a major problem as we have a nine year age gap so he can't understand why I don't want him in my room or why I get angry at him.

Secondly, I have a big group of friends but we all have our own best friends. I used to have three but then we grew apart and I started hanging about with this girl, Shannon who was in lots of my classes and I always went to her for advice. But, she was best friends with this girl, Hayley who had a big fight with all her friends because of a rumour. We all started hanging out in our big group and would go off and talk about our own things. Then, along came Sophie and Catherine who started hanging out with Hayley so Shannon started being closer to me. We would only see Hayley at lunchtimes but me and Shannon were best friends now. I would be round at hers almost every weekend for a sleepover and we went out every night looking for fit boys to chat up. During the holidays, Shannon's 'boyfriend', Andy who we had never met before and who she had never mentioned until we saw him pop up on her msn was away on holiday in California with his rich family. Andy had told Shannon he had a brain hemerage and that he could live for any amount of time. The day Andy was meant to come home and move into his new flat was the day Shannon recieved an email from Andy's aunt. It said that Andy had died in his sleep four days ago. This hit Shannon and she turned to suicide. I She took an overdose but luckily it wasn't enough to kill her and she ended up staying overnight in hospital. I had to be with her everyday literally. She planned out that she would stab herself on his two week anniversary and that I had to be there with her but not save her. She just wanted to be with him. Luckily, we coaxed her into living her life. She soon perked up and we started doing our fit boy hunting again. She found this twenty year old boy on a dating site and got speaking to him. They started going out and she was ready to meet him but he never turned up. He then said that he was getting a new phone and never replied until 2 weeks later. Shannon was meant to be meeting him yesterday but there has been no replies from him. During the past few weeks, when I haven't been wanting to go out, I've went out because Shannon is tears because she doesn't want to make Andy think she didn't love him, yet she is going out with another boy?

Last week, we both had work experience so didn't see eachother very much. So we decided that we would spend the weekend that my birthday is on together doing our usual fun stuff. Unfortunately, Hayley came running back because Catherine and Sophie were on work experience so she had no one. She started coming out for lunch and everything. But today they said they had soemthing important to tell me but then when I asked them, they completely ignored me and starting going on about what they are dressign up as at Halloween. We all went for lunch to Tesco and Shannon went " You are scarily quiet Hayley" which I was because they had just been joking about stupid things that I had done in the past. I then went to them "I'm not coming out tonight. Youse can have the night to yourselves." So Shannon went "Why you being like this?!" and I said "We were meant to be spending this weekend together cos it's my birthday but you suddenly say your going to meet Hayley up on Saturday when your meant to be staying over and having tea out with me!" Shannon then went "Don't be so stupid Hayley! Hayley can go home and then I will come out with you etc." When we got back to school they went off and they did the looking over at me thing which was obvious they were speaking about me. I then recieved a text after school saying "I'm not walking home with you, your treating me like a piece of shite." It was from Shannon.

I aplogise to Hayley by text and she forgave me. Shannon then said that I was a hurty bitch and didn't deserve fuck all. I said to her that I have been there for her when she needed someone the most and vice versa. I also added in that I stuck up for her myself when all the girls in my English class were saying Andy wasn't real and that it could have been a paedo. I was always curious about "Andy" because he never went on webcam and only had one profile picture. Shannon then said that I was a sick cow and I was making it all up. I asked her to forgive for what I had done to her earlier but she replied with "Stupid fucking Hayley, forget it. Bringing Andy up was the fucking line. You've went too far without noticing and Hayley si my best mate so weither youse have made up or not it's me and her, not you and me so do what you want cos as soon as you said his name you lost me."

I now have no friends, nothing...
I want to move schools so badly but I don't know if I could handle the hassle of being the "new girl" and trying to make friends with complete and utter strangers.

Please help<3.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I Have Nothing Anymore :'( - September 20th 2010, 06:44 PM

I'm sorry to hear about what's happened between you and Shannon. It sounds like there were some misunderstandings on both of your parts. Unfortunately, Shannon isn't as quick to "forgive and forget" as you are, so it may be best to give her some space and work on your other friendships in the meantime. You have some mutual friends, so why not spend some time around them? Learn about their interests and develop a friendship that doesn't have Shannon as the common factor.

If none of your mutual friends are willing to talk, then I guess it's time to start looking elsewhere. Join a few clubs that meet at school, during lunch or right after school. You don't have to change schools and deal with being the "new girl"... there are TONS of people at your current school who would love to meet you! You just need to make the effort to find them. =)

Closed Thread