TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Unhappy His new work schedule - September 20th 2010, 07:22 PM

Both of my parents work the night shift, which used to be a good thing. They leave right before we go to bed, and they get home when we're getting ready for school. They would sleep while we're at school, and then get up when we got home. My mom is still on this work schedule, and we get to see her all day. My dad just got a new schedule and we all hate it. I NEVER get to see him. I think in this past week, I only got to see him on his off day. I got home from school about ten minutes ago, and he left five minutes ago. I know that he can't really do anything about it, he has to work 5 PM to 5 AM or 5 AM to 5 PM. That's the way his work changed the schedules.
For the past week I've seen my dad for about two hours.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
teen spirit Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cantina

Re: His new work schedule - September 20th 2010, 07:50 PM

That really stinks and it is good that you understand that he can't do anything to change it right now...its what he has to do to keep money flowing in the family.

Here are a couple suggestions to consider...

1) Pick up a notebook and write to each other in the notebook and tell him anything that you wish to share with him that happened during your day...and he can write back to you and fill you in on his day. I know its not the same as seeing him but at least you can communicate with each other...or email each other...whatever suits you best. Just keep reminding him how much you miss him and let him know that you understand that this is the way it has to be for now...who knows? Perhaps something may change him back to his original schedule sometime down the road...

2) Whatever time you do have with him...spend it wisely. Plan little things with each other so that you will feel more fulfilled with the time you are able to spend with him. LIke on weekends...plan a family day out to the movies or lunch/dinner...whatever you like to do together...put it right into a schedule so you can see and look forward to the time together.

I really think you are an incredible daughter and it is amazing that you miss spending time with your dad because so many dads never know just how their kids feel.

I believe this will all work out for you and your dad

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: His new work schedule - September 20th 2010, 07:55 PM

I want to spend time with my dad when he's home, I really do. But he only ever wants to spend time with my brothers. Neither of my two sisters mind this. I'm the only daughter that does. When he has time off he only spends it with my brothers and my mom.

Closed Thread