TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
misconception Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sonic

Mother.. Need I say more. - September 22nd 2010, 08:28 AM

I just need to vent. if you have any tips on how to build confidence after your mother has shot you down your whole life, please feel free to comment.

I seriously could slap my mother (I call her that because anyone can give birth, but it takes balls so to speak to make a mum) I get my confidence up even slightly, and she shoots it down again. Makes it hard to go anywhere in life.

She has beaten me, abused me mentally, kicked me out of home countless times, although I was stupid enough to go back there, Told me I will fail because she has, she hates my boyfriend for no reason, despises everything I do, and anyone I get close to, and her most recent is accusing me of stealing someone else's lyrics for my band!

I have tried to be nice, I've tried to get along, but she just doesn't want to make an effort. I give up on her, and my family. I personally think cutting contact with them and getting on with my life would be the best thing to do.

I have no idea how I'm meant to get my confidence back after 18 years of having it shot down. but I guess I will have to make do - like every other thing I've had to do on my own, and there is a lot of them!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Grabungo Offline
Average Joe

Re: Mother.. Need I say more. - September 23rd 2010, 12:08 AM

Same with me. I could hit my mom. Say lots of shit, She knows there is problems between us. But she denies it when we try to talk she just goes " Go fuck yourself " Im always the one that is diffrent because of her .. No shit really. Because of her my life is hard. If i compare her with some other dudes mom's .. They are currently in heaven. I feel you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LavenderErin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: LavenderErin

Re: Mother.. Need I say more. - September 23rd 2010, 05:32 PM

Man!!!! I. Was just about to post nearly yhe SAME EXACT thing!!! Every fucking day my mom calls me on my cellphone to tell me what I've done wrong. No joke. She says " I just want ypou to realize everything you do wrong"....I'm like are u fucking serious????? She's calling me to lower my self esteem basically.... Last night she called me a stupid bitch good for nothing....why? Because I knocked over a glass of iced tea. I said "I didn't do it on purpose...." And she said that I always have an excuse for something. My advice is to list good things about yourself.. Self talk... Do things for YOU don't try to do things to impress or make her happy she will neverappreciate it. She will just look for new things to complain about. Trust YOU, love YOU

(#4 (permalink)) Old
misconception Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sonic

Re: Mother.. Need I say more. - September 25th 2010, 12:34 PM

Hey, sorry to hear your mothers aren't fantastic either, but if you do need to rant, feel free to do so ae. I dont know about you, but it makes me feel better to vent frustration.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
JesusFreak Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Mother.. Need I say more. - September 26th 2010, 10:23 PM

My moms the same. I cant be happy or skinny cause shes not. I have to be strong cause shes weak. i hate it when people say im just like her. I have 4 yrs left at home i wish i could leave now but i deal i do everything i can to make her happy but it doesnt ever work i love my mother but shes tried to kill me and when all my parents do is fight and mymom randomly hits me and shit i mean i just cant deal. but i hope ur ok. and if u need anything send me a message

Closed Thread