TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Unhappy Did you ever really care Aubrey? - September 26th 2010, 02:59 PM

My old best friend will send me these forwards, telling me that I'm one of her best friends and she couldn't live without me. I just got one saying that I'm the peanut to her butter, I'm the star to her burst, I'm the pop to her tart, I'm the fruit to her loop, and I'm the best to her friend. I know she wants me to send it back to her. I know that she's hurt when I don't.
But we're not best friends anymore. I'm hardly willing to still call us friends. She won't sit next to me on the bus anymore, she won't answer my calls, she won't respond to texts I send her, it's been almost a year since we've hung out, and she doesn't talk to me in the hallways anymore. It's like she doesn't care about me anymore, when she still means the world to me.
I sent her a text back in June, I never meant to hit the send button. I asked her if we were still best friends. We went on with the convo for about two hours, then I couldn't take it and I just said I'd talk to her tomorrow. She was so upset she wouldn't talk to me for a week. Okay, that's fine. I'm willing to give her time to cool off. But now she is acting like we are best friends, when she knows that we haven't been for a long time.
I guess at school you could call me the non-existent girl of my grade. Everyone knows who I am, but no one ever notices me because I'm so quiet. Aubrey is the popular, sporty girl of her grade(she's a year younger then I). Okay, that's fine. I have friends who are in the popular, sporty group of people.
There isn't anything similar between Aubrey and I anymore, and there never really was when we called each other best friends. She's very forward and outgoing. I'm very quiet and shy. How we dress has always been different too. She wears a ton of make-up, I wear none. She's always getting on my case about this. She loves wearing jeans and tee-shirts, I wear pencil skirts and blouses. She will spend hours making her hair look perfect, I throw mine up in a ponytail and let it be done. Aubrey wants me to dress like her. Aubrey wants me to become popular.
She wants me to be just like her, and she wants to still be best friends. I want to be who I am, and with all the grief she's caused me, I'd rather just forget her and move on.
How do I tell that to her nicely?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
GleeLover514 Offline
<3
Not a n00b

Re: Did you ever really care Aubrey? - September 27th 2010, 12:29 AM

I would just come right out with the truth. Tell her that if she's going to be your friend then she won't tell you how to dress or act.

Closed Thread