TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Friends forever? I guess not... - September 30th 2010, 01:37 AM

I just had my first girl scout meeting since June. There is only five now, and all of us really want to stay in girl scouts. Two girls in the troop, I've been in girl scouts with since first grade. We changed troops when our old one fell apart, and made sure we could stay together.

Now I can't stand either of them.

When we were in elementary school, it wasn't possible to separate us. No matter where we were, Olivia, Marielle, and I would be holding hands and laughing together. We all went to different elementary schools, I stayed at the one I was distracted too, Marielle went to a magnet school, and Olivia moved when we were in second grade. I go to Blendon now, Marielle goes to Walnut Springs, and Olivia goes to Heritage. Next year we will all be going to Westerville North for high school. In fifth grade, we promised each other that no matter what happened in middle school, even if one of us dropped out of girl scouts, we would always remain friends.

I can't stand them anymore. At tonight's meeting, they were acting like we're brownies, and I didn't want to act like that. So I was sitting by myself, acting like a cadette, while everyone else was acting like a brownie. It made me feel really out of place, but Megan wasn't there, she would have sat with me. I didn't want to run around the room. I wanted to use the meeting for something productive and not a play date.

I honestly cannot stand being around Olivia or Marielle anymore, and it's making me hate myself. It was me who made them promise in fifth grade that we would be friends forever, and now it is me who is not able to stand them....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CLEARly helpful
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Waltfr

Re: Friends forever? I guess not... - September 30th 2010, 02:46 AM

Ouch.
Well, that happened to me before. I had a friend that I couldn't stand anymore because, well, I changed, and he didn't. So what I did was explain the situation in a calm manner. What you should say is, "Look. I know we made a promise back in fifth grade that we'd stay together. But I've changed in the past few years, and now..." Then end that sentence with something that explains you don't want to be BFFs anymore, but also shows you want to be a person that they can talk to in the hallway or the occasional chat. Before you say it, though, view what you're about to say in their point of view, and modify it into the way you want it to be perceived.

Closed Thread