TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
doomcookie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I can't stand most of my friends. - October 4th 2010, 08:22 AM

They're immature, they're petty, they bicker over stupid things, they talk behind my back, but they're the only close friends I've got.. and it's getting to the point were I am starting to really hate most of them. They carry on live ten year olds. I'm not perfect, but I'm not as argumentitive and bitchy as they are, and it's really starting to get to me.
what should I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: I can't stand most of my friends. - October 4th 2010, 08:47 AM

Ignore their useless bitching? Find new friends? If you're not happy with them, speak to them, if this doesn't work there isn't really much you can do about it except stop hanging out with them...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kekai Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I can't stand most of my friends. - October 4th 2010, 05:46 PM

I know exactly what you're going through, I went through it and my younger siblings always come home telling me about this problem. They're also about your age. Sometimes it's just because of middle school, usually people will just always be like that. So, you should probably talk to your friends about it because if they really care about you then they'll try to change. If they don't then it's time to really find new friends, it's not worth it to have people around you that always tear you apart.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
teen spirit Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cantina

Re: I can't stand most of my friends. - October 4th 2010, 06:06 PM

It sounds like you are growing and changing and their not. No matter what, you can't change people. You can change how you view them but you can't request someone to change and they say.."ok, sure...anything for you!"
If you don't like the way they are then either you have two choices...accept them as they are and for who they are or move on to friends who may be more aligned with your personality.
I went through this not too long ago. I wanted things to change in my life and I began to realize that my friends weren't making me feel good when I was around them. I felt frustrated and hated doing the same old, same old. They were negative and always were complaining about something. So, I decided that I wanted to change my friends. It wasn't easy because I then started feeling alone and had no one to hang around. Then I would hang with them again...and the cycle started all over again. I finally made up my mind for good. Took my "alone" time and decided to get clear on what I really wanted out of my life and who I wanted to be...once I did that...then I began finding friends (one by one) who also thought the same way and enjoyed the same things...
Change is difficult but when you commit to it...it is for the better...

Hope this helped...

Teen Spirit

(#5 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: I can't stand most of my friends. - October 4th 2010, 09:31 PM

A lot of girls you're age just do act the way that your friends do. There's not too much you can do about trying to change them, they are how they are and unless they want to change then they're not going to.

If you can't stand most of your friends, then they can't really be good friends to you. And not really worth hanging out with. Maybe you should try to widen your circle of friends and meet some new people. Even if it's just to find new people to spend time with to give yourself a break from your bitchy friends.

Take care.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I can't stand most of my friends. - October 6th 2010, 07:56 AM

If you feel comfortable confronting them about their immaturity, feel free to do so. If they don't approve and respect you, feel free to not be their friends. I'm pretty sure you can find people you can connect with.

Closed Thread