TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

I'm SICK of it >______< - October 17th 2010, 11:17 AM

Every.Fucking.Morning. I wake up and my parents just aren't here. They CONSTANTLY go places without me, don't tell me where they're going and don't answer their phones when I phone them. They know full well I worry and I get anxious about this :| WHY can't you answer you phone at least? Or at least tell me where you're doing? When I ask them that they say "you were sleeping" well, I'd prefer you to wake me fucking up instead of worrying for three/four hours >_____<

I'm just sick of this routine. I wake up, nobody is in, I phone my dad, no answer, I phone my nan's house, no answer, I phone my sister's phone, it's switched off, I phone my sister's house, no answer. Then I end up getting hold of them about three hours later.

I don't know why I STILL worry about this :/ this has been happening for years.

I remember one day all this happened and there was a FLOOD in my kitchen and I didn't know how to fix the washing machine and ONCE AGAIN I had no answer >____<

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

Last edited by Make Believe; October 17th 2010 at 11:24 AM.
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: I'm SICK of it >______< - October 19th 2010, 07:33 AM

Ugh. I understand how frustrating that can be! When my car broke down, and I wasn't able to get in touch with my dad, I FREAKED OUT. I've always taken my dad for granted... I assumed he would have the solutions to all my problems if I called him. The problem is, he's not always able to pick up the phone. Sometimes he's in the middle of a meeting, other times he's commuting and doesn't have a signal, and there are occasions when he just doesn't feel like bringing his phone while out with his girlfriend.

I would like to suggest three things:

1. If you haven't already, tell your parents that you would like for them to wake you up, or at least leave you a note, whenever they leave the house and don't plan on answering their phones.

2. Start looking for other people whom you can call in an emergency (ex. a neighbor, extended family, a friend of the family, an older friend you trust).

3. Start adding phone numbers to your list of contacts, so that if something goes wrong (and you can't get in touch with anyone), you'll know who to call (ex. the company that insures your car, a plumber/mechanic for household appliances).

On one hand, you should be able to get in touch with your family members, in case there is an emergency. On the other hand, just because we have cell phones doesn't mean we should be available 24/7. There comes a point when you have to start taking the initiative, making decisions when no one else is around to make them for you. If you can consult with your parents first, great! If not... then at least you'll be prepared and won't have to wait around for 3-4 hours before they call back or return home. =)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: I'm SICK of it >______< - October 22nd 2010, 08:04 PM

I'm sorry you're getting treated like this, parents can get like this sometimes! Maybe you could try to talk to them and let them know that you'd like to know where they're going when they go out. If they don't want to wake you then ask them to leave a note maybe. Or atleast have their mobiles on! All you can do really is to let them know how they're feeling and hope that they change things.

I think Robin has a few good ideas though, I'd do those. Take care

Closed Thread