TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nevergiveuphope Offline
just trying to find a purpose.
Not a n00b

Name: Jessie Marie Stone

moving away from home - November 5th 2010, 08:00 PM

i'm leaving my home, and mocving to another province without my family, to move in with a family, that i love.. this is the place where i want to grow up, i haven't been more happier there then anywhere in the world. and right now, i can't deal where i'm living,my dad and step mom are giving me a hard time, no one will look or speak to me at school, i'm sitting alone in the cafetaria. and its not me, i'm a people person, i messed up, and i hate it, but i'm moving out.. and i dont know how to get my parents to let me leave.. this is something i want so much, i hate crying to sleep everynight wishing someone would notice i'm hurting...

any advice on to talk to my parents about this? a good way and not another fight i need some help in this? any one please?
  Send a message via MSN to nevergiveuphope  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: moving away from home - November 5th 2010, 08:39 PM

Your mum and step-dad are sure to miss you when you go, even if they're fighting with you now.
I'm not sure how old you are, but if you're moving out I assume you're old enough to make your own decisions without needing your parents' approval.
I think the best thing to do would be to tell them you love them and that you will miss them. Moving away will be hard but it might give you the space you need. Take care, and I hope things get better for you soon.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
nevergiveuphope Offline
just trying to find a purpose.
Not a n00b

Name: Jessie Marie Stone

Re: moving away from home - November 5th 2010, 10:38 PM

i'm only fifteen, so technically i need there approval.
i don't know what to think anymore,
i want to be happy, and i know here isn't where i am,
i'm a different person than who i used to be, i've changed.
i feel like my heart is turning into stone, and i can't deal.
i'm going to be living with another family..
one that makes me the most happiest person in my life.
but people say leaving doesn't always solve things,
i'm just so confused.......
  Send a message via MSN to nevergiveuphope  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: moving away from home - November 6th 2010, 01:11 PM

I know it's tempting to think that physically leaving something will make it go away emotionally, too. You're right that it's not always the case. Even if you don't speak to your family, you will still think of them and they will think of you. It just sounds like you need your own space, but leaving home may not be the best option if you are only fifteen. They will worry about you and I reckon you will need them even though this new family makes you happy.

On the one hand I think you need your own space; on the other I think you need to sort things out with your family. You don't have to leave them permanently. There are other options. Sit down and talk to them and tell them why you feel this way. Or if you're not comfortable talking to them, write them a letter and leave it somewhere they can find it. You've got people to support you, like the other family you mentioned. You don't have to go through this alone.

PM me if you need to talk. I'm always happy to listen and try to help.

Closed Thread