TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I don't bite :)
Average Joe

Name: Lucy

Post ramble. yeahhh. - November 10th 2010, 10:01 PM

right, I have a really shit relationship with my Mum and dad basically. I am practically just someone who lives in this house, not a member of the family. and My 2 sisters are no better, they have eachother, and because i am the youngest they just forget about me. urgh. but yeah, i've obviously gotten use to it, and i can't do much to make things better.

I feel proper bad on my mum sometimes because I don't really show her much emotion, but she's rarely shown me any for years? :/ i don't really understand.
Like, the other day i gave my grandma a hug cos i hadnt sene her for like 2 week and i proper love my grandma, and my mum was like moaning because i never give her hugs and kisses, and a normal child would go up and hug her right? - but i just couldnt make myself do it. and know i feel like such a horrible person because i don't love my mum? - or my sisters for that fact. and the worst thing is that they have never done anything major major major bad, i guess it's just little things built up over 16 years? :/

also, i think i have realised that because i literally have such little affection shown or given to me at home, i crave it from friends and boys esspecialy aha. I like to know someone loves me, so i sorta throw myselfs at lads, get hurt, and the cycle starts all over again. if that makes any sense.

I just wish they had given me the chance to have a good relationship with them, ulitmatley it's there fault for balls'ing it up, but they have no intention of making it better. I do, but don't know how , and feel it's just too late even tho im only 16.

and is it wierd i think qabout other people being my mum and stuff? :/
try and explain for you lol....
I ride this woman's horse for her, and i've just got really close with her family and another woman at the yard, i've babysat for her and the other night we went to a party at the yard and we all got a little drunk, she was saying how she thinks of me as a daughter and stuff. and in morning i was cuddling up with her young daughter on the couch colouring (haha :L) and i was just thinking to myself, how i would paid with a limb to be born into this family instead.

Ok i've probably just looked like a fool and i don't even know why i'm babbling on so much. just yeah even if no-one replys to this, thanks for reading.
  Send a message via MSN to SatelliteHeart♥  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Release9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: ramble. yeahhh. - November 11th 2010, 12:47 AM

I understand your situation.
I sort of feel that way myself...one reason might be because my parents have abused me almost all my life.
Ooh...I might have been wanting to be born in that family myself!
I feel like its my fault that they act like that, but I also know its not my fault.
You're not a fool and you can PM whenever you need to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: ramble. yeahhh. - November 16th 2010, 06:01 PM

you're not a fool lol just going through life.. i kinda feel the same way except my situations slighlty different, im the eldest and my two sisters are very close.. i don't get on with my dad at all and my mum gets jealous when i hug and kiss my aunt (whom i actually call mum) and gran.. i don't have no affection for my mum and don't know how to show her any.. i try, you know i thought that maybe buying her a gift would help make us closer instead it drifted us apart lol.. maybe you should try that,try buying her something she wants/needs and it may start to increase your affection for each other ..good luck.xx

Closed Thread