TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Friend or not friend??? - November 12th 2010, 03:51 PM

hey, i haven't posted on here in ages but like recently things have just been going from bad to worse.. at the moment im going through alot of crap having finally being able to open up to my councellor about some things from my past. but the things is im really having difficulty in keeping hold of my friends. i just can't stand em. i can't be asked dealing with people or other issues, and i just cnt be asked with my best friend. she gets into moods so quickly and just doesn't play fair.. everything just has to be about her and if its not then she goes into a mood. before i didn't really mind much if we stopped talking because i knew that it was just summat stupid we were fighting over and that after a couple of hours we'd be friends again but now i just can't take it any more. i really don't like being on the other end of the relationship being treated like shit. and the worst thing is i dont like talking to people about the things im going through and she is one of the very few that knows im depressed and that i go for councelling but she doesn't even care. i reallydontwant it to come to the point where we just break up forgoodbecause that would really really upset me. now that my rant is over lol im wondering if anyone can help find a way of sorting this out. how can i talk to her and explain to her what she's doing??

(#2 (permalink)) Old
inactiveprofile Offline
Average Joe

Name: .

Re: Friend or not friend??? - November 12th 2010, 06:15 PM

Haii there saba...
I Would explain to her that you just need her to be supportive at the moment. Not only because of your depresion but because you really need someone. Hope I've been a help. PM me at anytime...
  Send a message via MSN to inactiveprofile  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Finches Offline
I'm All Ears
Average Joe

Re: Friend or not friend??? - November 13th 2010, 04:45 PM

Hi Saba,

The best thing to do is to just tell her what you wrote here. I know it's easier said than done. However, it seems like this friendship is straining you more than it should. I think it would be best if you just took a break from interacting with your friend, and continue seeing your counselor until you're better. Like you said, you don't want to cut ties with your friend. The best thing to do right now is to take a short break until you feel better.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Friend or not friend??? - November 14th 2010, 10:06 AM

ive tried that but she just gets in my way.. i mean we go to school together, she's in some of my classes, we sit together during break so it's kinda hard to not interact with her. plus she tends to invite herself to my house whenever she feels like it and that just really irritates me coz half the time i don't want her there, you know i'd much rather be on my own but she doesn't seem to get the idea that im going through a bad time and i can't concentrate on my friends along with that. and if i do saysomething to her, she ends up going into a moodwith me and thatjust makes me feel even worse..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Friend or not friend??? - November 14th 2010, 05:43 PM

Hey there,

I think you should speak to her again. Let her know how you feel, and how you would like the friendship to work. If she is over-stepping her boundaries and you're uncomfortable with it, then you need to tell her. She won't know otherwise.

I also would like to advise that maybe you try to expand your friend circle. Try to find some new friends who you get on well with.

Take care.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Friend or not friend??? - November 16th 2010, 05:04 PM

but that's the thing tho, i don't get on with people well i do but not to the point where i can get close to them.. i dnt trust people never have done and havin her as one of my few really close friends makes it even harder coz i dn't wanna loose her.

Closed Thread