TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
woodstock101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

friend issues - November 15th 2010, 11:34 PM

so im mostly a nice person, and when somebody's upset i try to help without being annoying, but now all these people im nice too are like following me around. there is one in particular.

im a girl and he's a guy (just friends). we were friends over the summer, and we were pretty close, but he's getting on my nerves, like he knows too much about me and hes kinda clingy. he will not stop talking, and at first i liked his company since he's nice, but lately i feel like he might be a traitor, like he always tells people things that make them mad at me (often indirectly blames me for things that he does). but i cant find entire proof.

i want to be mean to him, but i know he would make my life miserable. (we sit next to eachother in a lot of classes). i dont know what to do... im trying to drift away but its not working.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Melanie

Re: friend issues - November 20th 2010, 06:08 PM

You should try and be honest with him, let him know you feel he's too clingy.
I once had a friend like that that I had to be honest with. We still talk occasionally, but the clinginess is gone. If you think he's telling your other friends things about you to make them mad at you, confront him, let him know you only feel this way and that you would like for it to stop, if it's really the case.

Sometimes even when you are trying your best to be polite, he may react badly and then really try and push your friends from you... that's also happened to me. Your real friends will stay, and those are the ones that matter.

Colours De Moi

(#3 (permalink)) Old
rebe46 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: friend issues - November 24th 2010, 11:02 PM

just try and directly tell him you need some space. It could be that you two just spend too much time with each other and so he is starting to get annoying. It will give you some time to figure out if you really value him as a friend or if you dont really want him in your life. Just try and be as honest as you can with him so his feelings arent hurt. Dont be mean to him but dont act like your best friends either. Hopefully things will get better with time and if not then you may want to consider being honest and telling him you dont really want to be friends anymore.

Closed Thread