TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I'm Me <3
Not a n00b

Name: Marisa

Unhappy I think I'm losing them..... - November 21st 2010, 03:52 PM

In the past year I've changed my look, it's completely opposite of what I looked like last year. I went from blonde hair, mascara and a teeny tiny bit of eyeliner on my eyelids, aeropostal clothes, and DC shoes to black hair, heavy eyeliner, hot topic clothes, and converse. All my friends look like I did a year ago, and I guess I'm kind of the loner of the group now. They used to talk to me, listen to what I say, and even acknowledge I was there. Now it's like they get shocked that I can talk, they ignore me, and I'm practically invisible around them unless I'm yelling. I know that most of them don't like people that look like I do now, and I know most of you are going to say "If they judge you on your looks then they aren't good friends and maybe you'd be better off without them." Believe me I've thought of that. But I'm going through a REALLY tough time right now, and I guess I don't want to lose my closest friends. I don't know what to do.

If I smiled and said I'm fine, would you look in to my eyes, and say "Tell the truth"?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Lost_Confused Offline
Wherever life takes me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Nika

Re: I think I'm losing them..... - November 24th 2010, 01:56 AM

Yeah, i'm going through pretty much the same thing so i totally understand what you mean. :|

Maybe talk to some other people and make other friends? You can keep your old ones for a while, but when you find new ones that actually are good friends for you, then it's easier to leave your old ones behind. That's all i can think of, hope it turns out all right for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: I think I'm losing them..... - November 24th 2010, 03:14 AM

I would talk to your friends about it. Be honest and open when you do. You should also try and get closer because you may have started to drift apart, it happens to a lot of friends sadly. Make some plans with them and hang out. I'm sure everything will work out

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
jduck Offline
Not even time can heal this.
Average Joe

Name: Jenn

Re: I think I'm losing them..... - November 24th 2010, 03:51 AM

i know what you mean...have you tried talking to your friends about it? like confronting them with your concerns and telling them how much their friendships with you mean to you? idk if itll change anything, but itll let them know how youre feeling and what youre seeing...its worth a try!

"Sometimes we just have to accept that some people are going to stay in our hearts Even if we aren't in theirs."
  Send a message via Skype™ to jduck 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ShyWolfie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Blue

Re: I think I'm losing them..... - November 26th 2010, 03:50 PM

I'm going through something similiar all my friends dress up and go clubbing and get super drunk and kiss every boy in the nightclub, i ain't into it so i;ve been left behind they dont talk to me at all anymore even when i try to talk to them

Closed Thread