TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

nobody gets it! - November 30th 2010, 08:31 PM

okay, so im having a huge problem

ive been reading a lot of philosophy and stuff and thinking about politics, and nobody understands why i think the way i do! its really frustrating. nobody gets where im coming from, and nobody agrees.

the worst part is, they say the stupidest things! it makes me wonder if these people even have brains. like ill say something like "theres no such thing as right and wrong, only the perception of right and wrong" which IS true, and ill get a bunch of people saying "well THIS is wrong and so is THIS because ive been told it is that way"

dont these people have the ability to think for themselves? like half the things anyone says its because its what theyve been told. i feel like my mental process goes like this:
1. i hear something being said
2. i question it in everyway possible and analyze it, even if it seems true
3. i reach a conclusion, but i leave room for doubt because we dont truly know anything (other than our own existance. i think therefore i am. duh)
and everyone elses goes like this
1. they hear something
2. if it makes a little bit of sense then its probably right, if not theyll question it
3. they make a conclusion about that and think its true until they see somethign that contradicts it, then theyll think about it again

this is just frustrating. i feel like im surrounded by a mass of wobbling idiots. im seriously beginning to think that were really not very different from a pack of wild animals. help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: nobody gets it! - December 3rd 2010, 01:02 AM

Lol... reading this made me smile. I think the same way a lot. What's right & wrong is tought differently in some cultures. Some muslims find it perfectly right to suicide and fly planes into skycrapers, they don't think anything's wrong with themselves in their own heads.

Just stick to what you are and be proud of it. Dont degrade yourself thinkin about those kinda people too much.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fantasy Offline
Writer
Not a n00b

Name: Christy

Re: nobody gets it! - December 10th 2010, 05:42 AM

A lot of people don't know how to think critically now days. Everything they see or hear, they think it's true. Don't feel too bad, people who can actually think for themselves don't seem to get along with people who can't. It's sad actually.

Never Give Up On Your Dreams No Matter How Hard Or Big They May Seem..... Someday you will reach them...

Closed Thread