TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The_lost_soul Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rinda

Woah bragging much? - December 11th 2010, 01:40 AM

Here we go! another friday night...
alone.... yay!!!
Can't you feel a sarcasm in that sentance?

So my friend, just called me saying "Hey Rinda whats up?" so i said "Nothing-" so she interupted me saying."Well guess what?....hannah is spending the night at my house! and we are having so much fun!" I'm like 'cool' so she said"Is there something wrong? you kind of sound down..."

No shit?

Then she said."Well I'm going to go...you sound kind of busy"

There is no one in my house....I'm not doing anything....

I said "Have fun" and she said "okay bye"

Don't you just love friends? especially the ones that are good enough to make you cry?

Wtf I'm not a freak!.....The voices in my head say I'm perfectly fine

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Woah bragging much? - December 11th 2010, 02:18 AM

Well, it doesn't exactly sound like you're helping yourself...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
The_lost_soul Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rinda

Re: Woah bragging much? - December 11th 2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.14159265358979323846264 View Post
Well, it doesn't exactly sound like you're helping yourself...

Uhhh did i say something wrong? sorry...

Wtf I'm not a freak!.....The voices in my head say I'm perfectly fine

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: Woah bragging much? - December 11th 2010, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_lost_soul View Post
Uhhh did i say something wrong? sorry...
I think what he meant to say was that rather than being upset about her having fun while you're not, go out and do something fun yourself. I understand from experience the allure of sitting around feeling sorry for yourself, but in the long run it's pointless and you'll wish you'd actually done something.

~Cody

Normal User

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Reflections Offline
Alice
Average Joe

Name: Alice

Re: Woah bragging much? - December 14th 2010, 04:24 PM

I understand where your coming from, I spend a lot of weekends alone, it sucks. I also have friends that are like that, and it kills. Hve you tried talking to her about how you feel? That sometimes helps. Maybe next time see if you could come along.

The best thing to do is to get out and have fun, if you have friends like that, than make plans with other friends. I know it sounds easier than it is, but it might help.
  Send a message via MSN to Reflections  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Daydreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Woah bragging much? - December 14th 2010, 11:51 PM

That stinks, because I'm sure that you're friend wasn't trying to be mean, it just came out that way. I think if I were in the situation too I would have been a little hurt as well. Maybe next time try saying something like "oh I'm so jealous, I was going to do XYZ but plans fell through, maybe tomorrow we could all Blah Blah Blah? What are you two up to now?" And I've felt that way too, like I'm always to one staying in, so maybe next weekend why don't you make a plan? Invite a friend over for a sleep over yourself, or maybe plan a bowling game or a movie with a few friends?

I hope this helps a little,
Megan

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” 9.12.09 <3

Tumblr http://lovelylaughter.tumblr.com/

(#7 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Woah bragging much? - December 18th 2010, 01:26 PM

I don't think she did it on purpose. It just came across like that, for sure. I've done exactly the same thing myself (I know...), but I know better than anyone that when I did, it definitely wasn't on purpose. If you're at someone's house, all warmed up, perhaps had some alcohol you don't necessarily think straight. Or perhaps there's something else distracting you. The obvious might not occur to you, which in this case was simply asking if you wana come over.

Solution (lol): Bring it up yourself, and ask her if you can come over. It might be a bit too pro-active, putting people on the spot and all that, but for some reason that never bothers me... umm, yea, and there haven't ever really been any bad consequences from me doing that.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Woah bragging much? - December 19th 2010, 08:47 AM

There are 3 possible reasons you tell someone of the fun you're having. First, is to invite them by showing it's great over there. Second, is to hurt them by showing what they cant have. Third, is for long distance relationships to show you're doing great. She did the first but you misinterpreted it to be along the lines of the second. Since you declined the opportunity, your friend thought you were moody or busy, which further indicates she wanted you to come over and hoped you would because that reaction makes no sense for the second and isn't applicable for the third. There was nothing negative in what she did, in fact she was being the pro-social one while you were being the asocial moody one. Next time, say yes or be the one to ask her. Go outside, have a good time. There was bragging on her part but it wasn't with malicious motive in any way.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#9 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: Woah bragging much? - December 20th 2010, 08:47 PM

i know exactly wat u mean luvi, exactly.. what good 'friends' we have, eh? especially when we need em..x

Closed Thread