TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mollie. Offline
Previously known as M4k :P
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Molly

Dad and christmas time - December 24th 2010, 03:09 AM

On boxing day 24 years ago, my dads mum died.. I feel so horrible because most people are so happy and cheerful this time of year and my dad absolutely hates it, he is always so down, i wish i knew what to do.. but i dont and i just try to enjoy myself.. even though hes probably hurting.
And it makes it worse for me that my mum doesnt even care she calls him an uptight prick and things, she thinks he should at least pretend for his childrens sake... but i'm old enough that it doesnt bother me, i'd rather him be happy.. i wish i could do something aobut it..

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
-Aristotle

The one who
makes you cry
isn't worth your tears.
The one who
is worth your
tears would never
make you cry.

Send a message via MSN to Mollie.  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hannahgreenwood Offline
Average Joe

Re: Dad and christmas time - December 25th 2010, 04:38 AM

I think you should just be there for your mom and dad...tell your dad how much you love him and how your sorry that he lost his mom but tell your mom she doesn't need to worry about you adn your sibling's happiness bc you understand his mourning and you love him no matter how sad he gets....it my be a bit of a burden but it's not like you have to hug him just to keep him from crying..and if you can tell your mom how you love her a lot too but the bigger burden is seeing the two of your parents argue over this sitution is probably more stressful and burdensome for you than your dad's sorrow than maybe she'd feel better...i think she's probably just sick of being around it bc she's probably the one he turns to the most for comfort over it and she feels bad but after a while can't handle the responsibility just bc of all the children she has to take care of and jobs she has to tend to..she could just be stressed about hte holidays too..idk

Closed Thread