TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kaydea Offline
Dreamer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kaydea

I'm the one who ruined Christmas. - December 24th 2010, 05:43 PM

Today is Christmas Eve.
I'm at my parents' house, and they're having their friends over for dinner in 3 and a half hours. Naturally, they've vacuumed and scrubbed every surface in the house. Who has to go and ruin this day's cleanliness? None other than myself.

Apparently my slippers had ferret bedding on the bottom. A small amount, but still. I happened to step out of my room, to go to the bathroom, and have a small cigarette break... This small action, would ruin Christmas.

I hear my father, "FUCKING GROSS! THERE'S THE DAMNED FERRET'S WOOD CHIPS ON THE CARPET!" ...Keep in mind, the wood chips are tiny. I mean, TINY. Also, there was honestly not much on the carpet... 6 tiny pieces outside my door, and 4-5 pieces on the way to the upstairs bathroom. (From my room to the bathroom is about 8-9 feet.)
Continuing on... I leave my room, to offer to vacuum it. My father was already marching down the stairs.
Due to a couple of my phobias and anxiety, I instantly think the worst.

"They're disappointed."
"He's going to yell at me."
"I'm going to be homeless again... Right before Christmas."
"I've. Ruined. Everything."

My eyes started watering, but I held back the tears with everything I had, and went downstairs. My father with his quiet, but angry, gentle movements, frankly... Scared me. I'm not too good with dealing with him when he's angry. I was just thankful my mom was in the same area, or I assure you, the anger wouldn't have been quiet NOR gentle. Luckily; that stuff doesn't happen when anyone else is around...
Still, I couldn't hold back the tears any longer, I felt like such a mistake and disappointment.

I went back upstairs, and sat my ass on the floor in front of my door. I sat there, and picked up by hand every last bit of wood chip, along with any fuzz balls, crumbs, and various other small miscellaneous imperfections. I did this along the route from my room to the bathroom, and then I picked up every last imperfection on the stairs... Again, by hand.

I got done, and with teary eyes brought the imperfections, in cupped hand, downstairs to the trash. With my choked up voice, and cheeks in the process of being tear-stained, I showed my mom my cupped hand. "I fixed it, Mom! I'm sorry, I almost ruined everything, but I fixed it!" Then I turned towards the trash.
What did I hear while I was emptying the contents of my cupped hand?

None other than my father. 4 feet away, angry eyes upon me say, "You didn't fix it. You almost ruined our plans for today. You can't fix it. You ruined our Christmas."

I'm the one who ruined Christmas... There has to be a way to fix it...

My Friends Say the Darndest Things

"I'm so wary right now that I'm slightly levitating!"
"Levitating?! DID YOU BUY CRISS ANGEL'S SELL-OUT KIT?!"
-
SirNavi AND Myself

"...i can go frolic freely with the leprechauns..."

-
SirNavi

"If Santa can squeeze through chimneys,
then Santa's spawn can squeeze through a urethra."

-Myself

"Are you suggesting later would be a good time to cadoodle?"
-Damien

Send a message via AIM to Kaydea Send a message via MSN to Kaydea Send a message via Yahoo to Kaydea  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Nightmare Offline
Part time ninja.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: I'm the one who ruined Christmas. - December 25th 2010, 04:46 AM

You didn't ruin anything, Kaydea. A little bit of mulch that got cleaned up never killed anybody, and I'm sure your dad was just overreacting. He sounds like the frugal type, very very similar to my mother. But, I'm sure, as you're already finding out, that it has no lasting impact on the family christmas. Their friends will come over and everyone will be caught up in the festivities that nobody will even ready. So do not fret, every thing is going to be alright (:
Merry Christmas!!!

You can't ~Here to help! PM me!!~
take away
my strength

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Skatergirl Offline
Skater for life
Average Joe

Re: I'm the one who ruined Christmas. - December 25th 2010, 04:58 AM

Wow I can't believe your dad made so much fuss over a little bit of sawdust. You didn't ruin Christmas. He did!
I'm sure your company is there by now, so I hope everything is going a lot smoother for you.
Have a merry Christmas, and just try to enjoy yourself. You didn't do anything wrong. It's not like you meant to do it.
Hopefully your dad will get over it, if not already.

I try my best to help, but that doesn't always mean I will be helpful.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: I'm the one who ruined Christmas. - December 25th 2010, 05:41 AM

Nobody ruined Christmas, not you nor your father by that small incident. Your father grossly over-reacted and so did you. There's no single person to blame in this incident. Forget about this incident as it's so minor and have a happy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread