TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.xX.shadow.Xx. Offline
;;looking for a second chance-
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aven Nikolai

Unhappy ;; still feeling dead inside--- - December 29th 2010, 11:02 PM

Only recently have I begun being a friend, and I'm trying so hard to understand, but things keep spiralling. My emotions are like dynamite in my chest and head, and despite my control they manage to escape. Only recently have I found family, people who care about me, the part I don't understand is why I feel so dead...

I just completely broke it off with my ex, he was the only one who showed me what real happiness was... ...since then, dispite my friends and family's best efforts, I've only been able to put on a mask of a smile... ...but inside, I'm dead... ...and I don't know how to fix it...

...if you've gone through something like my situation, please, how did you fix it? How long does it take to find happiness? Did anyone help you? How?

...I just feel so tired and drained... ...like a corpse...

Dec. 31th, 2010:
21 days since I chose to change
7 since I was last used
6 since I last harmed myself
1 day since I cried
  Send a message via MSN to .xX.shadow.Xx.  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Robin

Re: ;; still feeling dead inside--- - January 4th 2011, 12:37 AM

It helps to talk to people... some who know you and your ex well, and some who only know you. Getting different perspectives on a situation can help you come to realizations of your own, thus allowing you to find ways to cope and achieve happiness once again. Writing down your thoughts and feelings in a journal, then re-reading your entries a few days later, can also help shed some light on the situation.

When did you first start to feel this way? Have you always struggled with "feeling dead", or is this fairly recent? If you have always struggled with it, or have struggled with it for as long as you can remember, you may be suffering from a mood disorder. Seeing a psychological professional for an assessment and diagnosis could go a long way for you. If this is fairly recent, then try to pinpoint what exactly is causing you to feel this way. Was it the break-up with your ex? Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about that, save for taking care of yourself by spending time with friends and slowly moving on. If there's something else that's causing you to feel this way, try finding solutions or ways to cope for that issue/conflict.

Closed Thread