TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxbeckyxx999 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rebecca

My best friend has gone travelling. - January 18th 2011, 10:37 PM

My male best friend called Ash has gone travelling around the world, he set off on Saturday and I miss him so much. I'm down lately and I think this is the cause. He thinks he'll be back in March, but thats so far away. He said he'll email when he can and write to me sometime. I just miss him, I can tell him anything without being judged, we are drinking and bitching buddies. I've liked him since our relationship started and he knows that, I told him how I felt about a month ago but he said he was sorry but he didn't feel the same way and with him being such a good friend it didn't change anything between us. My other friends I'm sad for still liking him after all this time but I don't really mind what they think. I just miss him so much ):

I really meant what I said, all of it wasn't a lie
You were the one I wanted
But in the new light of the day, affection started to die
Our house of love was haunted

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: My best friend has gone travelling. - January 19th 2011, 01:57 AM

Hey there!

I've had to deal with separation from loved ones on numerous occasions... my dad (when he was deployed to Iraq), my best friend (when she moved for college), and my former boyfriend (long-distance relationship). It's hard, and I'm sorry you have to go through this right now. =( Fortunately, you're not alone! You have your other friends, and you have TeenHelp. Please don't ever hesitate to reach out to other people and talk about how you're feeling.

One thing I would recommend you try is keeping a journal or a "memory box" of sorts for Ash. Then, you could give him whatever you made when he returns in March. Not only will he have something very, VERY special to look forward to, but you'll feel like he's still there and able to listen to you talk about life (to a certain extent).

I wish you all the best. <3

Closed Thread