TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Feather Offline
Average Joe

Name: Andrea

awful year - January 22nd 2011, 06:16 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

this could go in so many forums but i'll try here.

2011 is starting off as a horrible year! So many things are going wrong. My relationship with my parents is strained, again. . . Just when i thought things were getting better.

my fiance is away for work, i have realized just how much i depend on him. Yes he is making money, but it is hard not having him home. I have been crying everyday since he left.

Two days i found out that an amazing person that was really good friends with my parents was run over on the highway on the first day of his and his wifes' dream vacation. He was killed.

today i found out that my cousin who is 20 and will be turning 21 in just over a week is in the hospital with internal bleeding. He has cystic fibrosis (as does his younger brother who is 18 now), this is related to it. He isn't expected to recover.

i am getting extremly depressed. I have no one to talk to, i have no one to even go out with just to take my mind off things. My parents are too far away and i would never talk to them about anything anyways.

my parents are telling me what to do which is stupid, i don't live with them and am getting married. Everytime my mom sees or talks to me she always mentions my weight.

i don't know what to do, i"m too depressed to even think

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MeggieMoo1995 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Megan

Re: awful year - January 22nd 2011, 06:31 PM

Aww I'm sorry you're having such a horrible to start to the new year. I don't really know what to tell you, since I've never experienced much of the stuff you just described. Keep your chin up girl, things will work put in the end.
PM me if you need anything or want to talk!

You can't control whether or not it rains, but you can control whether or not you bring an umbrella. <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Finches Offline
I'm All Ears
Average Joe

Re: awful year - January 25th 2011, 04:26 AM

I'm sorry for the coincidences of tragic events that are occurring right now. It sounds like a difficult time and I don't think anyone else would be able to handle it much better than you can right now. You have the strength to seek help and that's a first step towards coping with these difficult times.

It appears that the start of the new year has been gone off from the wrong foot. However, let me remind you that years are just numbers, and time and date are just human constructs. Therefore, try not to get caught up in the fact that "2011" seems to be off to a bad start. In reality, this is no different from these events happening in the middle of 2010, at the end of 2011, etc. etc.. It's understandable that many of us use years to compartmentalize our past to look forward to better times in the future. Again, in reality, nothing is preventing us from giving ourselves a fresh start at any time of the year. Thinking about life in segmented years, especially in your case, will only add to your depression because you're going through a difficult time at the start of 2011.

There are days when all the things that can go wrong do, and then there are times when all the good things that can go well actually do. You're in a phase where most of the things that can go wrong are going wrong. That in itself should give you hope to look forward to the future because most likely, things can only get better from a statistical viewpoint. It's not as if all the bad things will start clumping together like a giant Katamari: http://www.freewebs.com/zombieflesheater/katamari2.jpg

I think it might be hard for you right now to be optimistic and think about the good times that are to come. I know it's easier said than done. A lot of your difficulties can be managed or coped with by adopting the mentality that there's a positive experience to every negative one. And it's true. It's up to us whether we want to see it or not, but that depends on your perspective lens. If you want to be optimistic, then you can always gain positives.

It seems that you are isolated without much emotional support. This is always a difficult thing to cope with. One of the things that I do to cope with this myself is to partake in a solitary hobby e.g. something like painting or playing musical instruments. Giving you something to be excited about everyday is going to help you in ruts like these.

Anyway, I hope that helped. Please get better soon.

Sincerely,
D

Closed Thread