TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
IMissYouGrant! Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Unhappy He's gone.. - January 27th 2011, 07:52 PM

If you don't know what I'm talking about I suggest you look at my last thread I made a month or so ago.

I thought I'd be fine and able to move on after he left. Though I always knew in the back of my mind that I'd have a huge problem getting over it once the day finally came.
Well the day finally came and I'll probably never see him in person again. I can't stand the feeling, it's horrible, it's causing severe depression. Sure I've gone 2 weeks without him (3 months in the summer) but that was with the guarantee I'd see him again, now even 20 minutes after I last saw him I feel horrible. Also how I'll never talk to him again in person. He made my life so much better and it sucks without him.

I just don't know what to do, I can't continue living(normally at least) like this. We've gone over this before, don't tell me I'll love again, you don't know that. And sure, it's possible, but for now I'm going to say it's not gonna happen.

Last edited by IMissYouGrant!; January 27th 2011 at 07:57 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: He's gone.. - January 28th 2011, 10:23 PM

You're right... there IS the possibility that you'll never find someone like your friend again. That doesn't have to stop you from trying to live a fulfilling life, though, or from seeking out other people whom you could become friends with in the future. I know it hurts right now. A LOT. I'm not saying you should get over the pain in a few days or even a few weeks, because it's natural to miss someone you love. What I am saying, however, is that there's always hope. You can choose to tell yourself you'll never be happy again, OR you can tell yourself things will get better with time, and look forward to that day when you'll be able to connect with someone in the same way that you connected with your friend.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Finches Offline
I'm All Ears
Average Joe

Re: He's gone.. - January 29th 2011, 02:45 AM

At the moment, it's probably hard for you to believe that you're going to meet amazing people later on that might perhaps make you happier than Grant did. Understandably, losing Grant is making this hard for you to be optimistic. However, 1 or 2 years down the road, you'll look back and this incident will seem like a thing of the past.

Keep your head up.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
IMissYouGrant! Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Re: He's gone.. - January 29th 2011, 03:15 AM

Well I had another 3 hours with him tonight(I didn't know I would when I posted this thread) and it ended the best possible way. I'm happy now, I'll be able to communicate with him a lot and maybe hang out every once in a while. I won't ask a mod to close this thread because I'll probably relapse again but for now there's no absolute need to post, but if you want to go ahead.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: He's gone.. - January 29th 2011, 05:26 PM

I'm glad to hear about last night! =) I'll leave this thread open per your request, just in case you feel like talking. <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
IMissYouGrant! Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Re: He's gone.. - January 31st 2011, 01:56 PM

I'm kind of relapsing now... I can't believe I may never see him again.
People keep saying "You only THINK you can't make it through a day without him"
I can physically not make it through a day without something bad happening when he's not there. Ever since he left I'm noticing a decline in my behavior. I'm getting in trouble more already, and I'm not even thinking "Oh well he's gone now so I can get expelled and it doesn't matter" or anything, it's a subconscious thing. After I noticed it I tried really hard to keep behaving well, but I can't.

Yes, I am physically dependent on a human.

Last edited by IMissYouGrant!; February 1st 2011 at 02:53 AM.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
IMissYouGrant! Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Re: He's gone.. - February 2nd 2011, 12:07 PM

OK.. since you can't edit posts after 24 hours for whatever reason, I have to post again.

I feel happy for him now and kind of jealous because his new school is really awesome apparently and this school sucks. But, something in my subconscious is being like "He's not here, you have no one to impress with doing work, so don't" I felt sick all day yesterday not knowing how his first day was at his new school, but I felt better when he said it was pretty good. But it's the subconscious thing that won't let me continue to live the way I did with him. I need help.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: He's gone.. - February 2nd 2011, 05:20 PM

Well, I'm glad to hear his first day at the new school went well. =) That must certainly be a relief for you, since you feared he would be surrounded by rich jerks.

I wouldn't expect you to get over this so quickly. I urge you to talk to your teachers about why you're having trouble focusing on schoolwork. Maybe some of them would be willing to see you outside of class and go over concepts with you, or at least help you break down the assignments into smaller, more manageable tasks. You could also visit a school counselor - I'm sure this is a common theme they deal with, because people are always transferring or moving away.

You can still impress your friend by doing work, then telling him via e-mail, phone, Facebook, etc! =D He may not physically be there to see your completed assignments and graded tests, but he's still going to know if you have to take summer school because you let your grades slip. So yes, there IS still a reason to do your work, both for your friend's benefit and yours.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
IMissYouGrant! Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Re: He's gone.. - February 2nd 2011, 09:19 PM

Sounds like he made literally hundreds(again, literally) of friends his second day today. Damn, I want to go to that school . I'm gonna miss him missing us here, he agrees that his new school is way better. Anyway, all in all I'm really happy for him, people pretty much love him already and it's only been 2 days. Hope the rest of his stay there is as good.
But I'm sure you can all understand I feel bad now because he's going to make all those new friends and forget us. Don't say he won't forget this school/me, I know he probably won't, but it's not too unlikely.

Last edited by IMissYouGrant!; February 2nd 2011 at 10:40 PM.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
IMissYouGrant! Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Re: He's gone.. - February 3rd 2011, 09:53 PM

again, can't edit posts out of 24 hours so whatever.
Anyway, today it sounds like everyone wants to do him and everyone loves him. I can tell he's nearly forgotten about this school and everyone in it including me. I'm going to miss him

But, I guess, I had a great time with him and he for sure made my life better, albeit for less than a year and a half. Back to bad grades, suspensions, and drugs I guess.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
IMissYouGrant! Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Re: He's gone.. - February 7th 2011, 12:31 PM

Anyone that saw this post before I edited just ignore it. I had a shitty morning and he eventually replied so.. Yeah I still miss him because he's basically forgotten this school and everyone in it.

Last edited by IMissYouGrant!; February 7th 2011 at 07:47 PM.

Closed Thread