TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Athena Knightstar

Unhappy IN.NEED.OF.HELP - February 6th 2011, 10:25 AM

I met this guy in Facebook who asked me to be his girl friend. Reculently, I accepted however a few days later, I broke it off since I don't have any feeling for him.

The second time he asked me, I gladly accepted since we got to know each other during the past months. However, I broke it off after he became depressed of over his ex-girlfriend.

Soon, i found out that during the second time he asked me to be his girlfriend, he was under the influence of alcohol. Disgusted, I refused to be his girlfriend the third time.

Everything seems to go well until he told me he had a new girlfriend. However, during our first talk, she didn't impress me with her commanding tone and soon, we broke into a fight.

Since I've never met her, i asked my ex on her personality and with this, he spun a web of deceit claiming that she dresses so inappropriately and such. I took in his bait and I started to tell my friends all about it.

Soon, rumors spread until her name was soiled. Ashamed, she told me to apologize and clean her name. I did as she asked. However, I have a bad memory for remembering people so I meet the ones I could remember talking to about the girl and told them to forget about all I said and to forgive me. They did and I was relived. However, the rumors still didn't end.

I wrote an note to explain about the rumors surrounding the girl however she send a PM stating that I've taken her name down furthur and that I should clean her name before she report this to the police. I realized that my ex-boyfriend knew enough about me to identify me even though we never met. And not to mention my classmate that so happen to be their friend.

Now, I'm stuck on how to solve this matter. It's as if what I do is always wrong! Please help me!!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L.O.V.E. IS??
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kelly

Re: IN.NEED.OF.HELP - February 6th 2011, 04:23 PM

The rumors are really that bad .. You should tell one of your parents. That's the best solution to go to right now. Sorry.

Some things are beautiful because they are un-obtainable <3

'A dream is what you desire if anything and everything is possible.'

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: IN.NEED.OF.HELP - February 8th 2011, 12:24 AM

Hello, Athena. Welcome to TeenHelp! =)

To be honest, people spread rumors all the time... and what happens to them? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The reason why is because people are gossipers by nature, and the police realize this. Heck, police officers spread rumors around the office/precinct as well!

So what will realistically happen if your ex-boyfriend or his current girlfriend report you to the police? Nothing. I would send a single Facebook message to the current girlfriend. Keep it short and simple - "I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. I have tried to clear your name by talking to several individuals and telling them I was mistaken about you. There is nothing more I can do at this point, except apologize once again and hope you will forgive me in time." After that, I would cease contact with her altogether - and it probably wouldn't hurt to cease contact with your ex-boyfriend as well, as he seems to cause more harm than good.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread