TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Maiden Offline
Bring It On
Average Joe

Name: Liadan

ARGH!!! I hate my younger sister!!!! - February 13th 2011, 07:28 PM

I am so so so so SICK of my sister!!! I'm 20 and she's 17, but she's like double my size and she treats me as her punching bag. Whenever she gets upset because of something my mum or dad do, or anybody does for that matter, she takes it out on me, physically. I've got a massive bruise on my arm at the moment from where she punched me yesterday for no reason. I was just standing in the lounge, talking to my mum and my sister came along and punched me.

My parents don't do anything to stop her, they just ignore it, because it's easier for them- trying to reason with her is like trying to reason with a cat. She thinks everything she does is right and she has no respect for anybody else. She just goes around doing whatever she wants and if you try to talk to her about things she does, she flips out and starts screaming at you about how it's your fault and how dare you question her like that.

I wish I could move out, but I'm a student and I will be for at least another two years, and although I have an income, it's not enough to support me living away from home. What's more, I actually like living here with my parents but it's just her. When she's not physically attacking me, she's verbally harassing me, telling me I'm fat or a b**** or telling me my friends are losers, or whatever else she can possibly think of. I am so so so sick of it!! I have no idea how I ended up with a sister like this but I hate it!!!

To make it worse, my mum half blames me for her behaviour. She says things like she's really disapointed that me and my sister don't get along and she wishes we did, and she tries to make me feel all guilty for it but she doesn't seem to notice that no matter how hard I try, my sister has no intention of ever getting along with me. And whenever my sister is attacking me, my parents tell us both off, as though I asked for it or am doing it back to her. Most of the time I'm just standing (or lying) there while she digs into me, and just wait for it to be over but I still get yelled at as though I'm doing something to provoke her. And if I do hit her back, I get in so much trouble and she still gets in none.

I'm so so so sick of all this.

Ever mind the Rule of Three: Three times what thou givest returns to thee: This lesson well, thou must learn: Thee only gets what thou dost earn.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: ARGH!!! I hate my younger sister!!!! - February 13th 2011, 09:06 PM

What you sister is doing is abusing you. You need to tell another trusted adult (besides your parents) about it. They'll be able to help you further.
Also, try talking to your parents about the situation. Tell them that you don't feel it's right for your sister to be hitting you for no apparent reason and for you to be half blamed for it, when you did nothing wrong. It seems that your parents are concerned, and trying to push the blame on you for what went wrong with her. Parents never want to come off as the "bad ones" in any situation with their kids.
They're also probably a little bit scared of her, which is why they don't speak up. They see the bruises you get from her randomly beating on you, and don't want the same for them. Your sister needs help, and you could be the one to give it to her, whether you dislike her or not.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
Closed Thread