TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cartoonmania Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Feeling like a 4th wheel on a tricycle - February 22nd 2011, 12:38 AM

I know this may possibly be more of a stroppy attention seeking problem, but I've suffered through the same situation so many times in the past I'm just scared that everyone is trying to ditch me so please just bear with me on this.

Okay, a few years ago, I became a fan of a certain celebrity. I became friends with 3 other people who also like him as much as I do. I'm not going to use their real names, so I'll call them Rose, Carol and Marge. We've met up a few times and it seemed fun, but now I feel like I'm just not a proper part of their 'gang'. We all live in different parts of the country so we mostly talk on message board.

We planned to meet up again later this year for an event and I asked Carol if I could stay at her like I did the year before if possible when the time comes and she said we'd have to see nearer the time. 1 week later Rose says in the thread relevent to the event about Carol taking her husband and kids to the event and that they were going to stay in a cottage near where the event is taking place. I brushed over this even though I was annoyed that she didn't inform me of this change of plan.

Before we ever actually met, me and Rose talked pretty much every night on msn. Now she says because of 'work and other stuff' she doesn't talk to me anymore. Then I keep seeing on Rose's facebook status' about what a lovely talk she had with Carol. Seems she has time chat with her a lot yet she hardly says 2 words to me. Rose is also very close to Marge and the three of them are always leaving silly random comments on each others facebook walls

Recently there were tickets going out for the show our celebrity does, and we all tried to get in for tickets. Once again I was unsuccessful, but Marge managed to get tickets to a Christmas filming and then the end of series filming. Both times she chose Carol and her husband to go with her. Now I admit I tried dropping hints about how disappointed I was that I didn't get tickets to the date I'd chosen in the hope she might offer me and my brother tickets. Since she'd taken Carol before I didn't think she'd take her again, but when Carol started going on about how she's going again I felt crushed.

I know I'm probably relying on them too much and hoping for sympathy, but I seriously feel like the gang of 4 that we were is now just a three, and I'm in the background all the time waving my arms in the air.

I suffer from depression, anxiety and had a real issue with trusting people, but these girls I felt I could trust. I don't know if I should tell them about this, but i'm scared they'll just get tired of me and my whinging and be the latest group of 'friends' to ditch me. I often say the wrong thing or say something in the wrong way and put my foot in it and I really don't want to do that this time.

What should I do? It's really bugging me. Because of my issue with new people they're the few friends I actually have.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Feeling like a 4th wheel on a tricycle - February 22nd 2011, 02:30 AM

Are you younger than them?

sorry, but thats the vibe I'm getting from here, I could be completely wrong but it seems as if they may all be older people and your still a teen? Which doesn't really mean anything, but 3 adults going to an event with someone much younger may make them feel awkward.

I could be 100% wrong though, sorry if it aint helpful.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cartoonmania Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Feeling like a 4th wheel on a tricycle - February 22nd 2011, 04:02 PM

Yes, I am. I'm now 20, and they're in their 30s and 1 in her 40s. :s So I'm not exactly a little kid hanging around with them, and there didn't seem to be any issues before. :s

Closed Thread