TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LostTeen011 Offline
Blah :P
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Noelle

I really don't want to be her friend.... - February 28th 2011, 11:28 PM

So there's this girl at my school named "Valerie". I don't really know how to put this, but she's not really the sharpest nail in the toolbox. In other words she's kind of slow and also CRAZY. She's best known for going out with a boy that was mentally challenged that rapped about cheeseburgers and being loud and ghetto. Everyoone likes to make fun of her or pretend to be her friend, because they think the way she acts is hilarious. Anyways, it started back on the first day of school at lunch. I saw nobody I knew in the cafeteria so I just sat down alone. Valerie was sitting a seat away from me and turned around and said "heyyyyy gurl." She said she had seen my face before in one of classes. Knowing how she was I didn't want to talk to her, but to be nice I had a short conversation with her. The next day I saw a friend of mine in the cafeteria so I went to go sit with her. When passing by Valerie's table from a distance I waved at her as she glared at me with the look of death. The following day I invited her to sit with us at lunch. As time went by, the more Valerie's personality began to come out. A typical day with her is walking down the steps and having the same conversation about how she doesn't understand anything in our math class and how she's failing on our way to lunch. She's really starting to annoy me. She's always talking about her ex-boyfriends(including the one that was on the news for taking his family hostage and then fleeing the state), boys that she likes and gives her number to trying to hook-up, and just other non-sense. Whenever she sees me in the hallway she must chase me down and bunch right beside me making it impossible for me to move. Today we had a substitute so she decided to sit next to me. First she practically ripped the chair from another girl who was about to sit down, then plop down right next to me in the chair barely even giving me any room to breath. I'm known as the quiet girl who never talks in that class. So, when Valerie sat next to me she loudly exclaimed "Girl guess what!....that boy in your class called me last night!" When she got up other people where talking to her asking her loads of questions so they could laugh at how she responds to them. While she was up other girls were laughing asking me are we best friends. I told them we're just friends and they ask did we talk about our boyfriends and stuff. I was so embarrassing I sat in the class with my head down for the last thirty minutes of class. I just don't know what to do. She's annoying and embarrassing at the same time and I just don't know what to do.

Pure Imagination

"Music is the universal language that connects the world as one" -LostTeen011

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jayme

Re: I really don't want to be her friend.... - March 1st 2011, 02:08 AM

hey Noelle, im sorry you are faced with this situation. I use to somehow attract ppl like that and they always say im their best friend and i want nothing to do with em.. honestly tho, i left my highschool to be homeschooled and the girl just kept buggin me. I really didnt handle the situation well after that...but enough about me. In response to your issue i think you should do your best to avoid this girl if she really bugs you. Maybe you know someone you can introduce her to so that she can be friends with them instead?? um if all else fails you can Politely tell her to give you some space. idk if this helped, i hope it did. Well at least know ur not alone...i have my own "valerie" too :/

"One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering." -Ida Scott Taylor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LostTeen011 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I really don't want to be her friend.... - March 1st 2011, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewhisperer28 View Post
hey Noelle, im sorry you are faced with this situation. I use to somehow attract ppl like that and they always say im their best friend and i want nothing to do with em.. honestly tho, i left my highschool to be homeschooled and the girl just kept buggin me. I really didnt handle the situation well after that...but enough about me. In response to your issue i think you should do your best to avoid this girl if she really bugs you. Maybe you know someone you can introduce her to so that she can be friends with them instead?? um if all else fails you can Politely tell her to give you some space. idk if this helped, i hope it did. Well at least know ur not alone...i have my own "valerie" too :/
I thank for trying to help by giving your advice. Unfortunately, I don't think there is ANY possible way I can avoid her. We have the same math class and I see her at lunch everyday. Her classroom is right across from mine so she waits to walk with me to lunch. Also, nobody I know would want to hang out with her.... A LOT of people know about her. She's not the type of person that would just ditch me completely just because she's around another friend.

Pure Imagination

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: I really don't want to be her friend.... - March 2nd 2011, 06:59 AM

Honestly, don't be afraid to hurt her feelings and tell her straight up. There is no easy way around it, and if she is making you feel uncomfortable by sitting that close to you, tell her "back off and respect your space". Nobody likes someone who gets into their personal bubbles.
You may gotten the type of girl who shines when someone gives her attention. Such as, a friend of mine (who is a little on the bigger side) suddenly becomes in love with a guy because he says hello to her. Of course, we're slightly older than you, so these things don't happen in school. They happen elsewhere.
You gave her attention, so suddenly you two are 'best friends'. Just like I've told my guy friends who've gotten caught up in my friends "love", tell her off! There is no reason to be afraid of her. She might act a little crazy or look hurt, but truth is, if she isn't the type of friend you want, you need to open your mouth and say so.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
LostTeen011 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I really don't want to be her friend.... - March 2nd 2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonashley View Post
Honestly, don't be afraid to hurt her feelings and tell her straight up. There is no easy way around it, and if she is making you feel uncomfortable by sitting that close to you, tell her "back off and respect your space". Nobody likes someone who gets into their personal bubbles.

You may gotten the type of girl who shines when someone gives her attention. Such as, a friend of mine (who is a little on the bigger side) suddenly becomes in love with a guy because he says hello to her. Of course, we're slightly older than you, so these things don't happen in school. They happen elsewhere.

You gave her attention, so suddenly you two are 'best friends'. Just like I've told my guy friends who've gotten caught up in my friends "love", tell her off! There is no reason to be afraid of her. She might act a little crazy or look hurt, but truth is, if she isn't the type of friend you want, you need to open your mouth and say so.
Ugh I hate this so much! I agree with you that I should tell her that, but I can't. I don't have what it takes to be mean and hurt someones feelings like that. I guess if I can't tell her I don't want to be friends with her I just have to suck it up and stop complaining about her. We only have like 2 to 3 months of school anyways, but damn is she annonying!

Pure Imagination

Closed Thread