TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

im tired - March 15th 2011, 10:23 PM

im tired of my family they wont listen to me and its so frustrating i just feel lke getting up n leaving but i cant im 16 i have no where to go i jus want to leave and im scared to say my opinon cuz its always the wrong one and they are always getting mad at me for something

i got my progress report which is ok but my teacher has to put indanger of DorF when im not i was like omg now i have to go home and explain and they wont listen to me any way ugh and im suppose to go somewhere tomorow which i might not so i might just give it to them tommorow i just got to convice my sister not to give hers which will take a lonngg time to

my life is going down hill no matter how hard i try to be happy
and ignore the small stuff its just so hard and hard to i cant seem to just push the small stuff away and with my parents aruging is just adding so much more stress on me ugh

any advice to get away and i cant really leave i need an escuse to be able to just get out

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: im tired - March 16th 2011, 06:22 PM

Hello again, Coco.

I remember your previous thread, where you were asking for ideas on how to tune out your parents while they're fighting. Unfortunately, since you said you can't leave, I can only suggest that you keep trying the ideas that were brought up (ex. blasting music/the TV to drown out their arguing, writing/drawing/reading/doing something else calming to take your mind off of their arguing, etc.).

Why did your teacher say, "In danger of D or F"? Is s/he basing that off of an assignment you didn't turn in or do well on? Because you could explain that to your parents, and demonstrate that your teacher was only warning you that you COULD be in danger of D or F, but that you're really not as long as you keep on top of assignments from now on. =)

Life in general is going to be difficult at times. I know there were times when I just couldn't handle the arguing anymore, and I wanted to get away. Like you, I couldn't do that, so I had to stay in my room and tune out the arguing. I relied on the support of friends and family members who weren't living with me, and eventually, I made it to my eighteenth birthday (and freedom to move out!). Hang in there. I can't promise things are going to get better as far as the arguing is concerned, but I can promise that you will reach a point in your life where you will have more control over where you live, whom you spend time with, etc.

Closed Thread