TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Believe. Offline
Average Joe

Name: you can call me iz

i have a friend.. - March 26th 2011, 05:29 AM

i have a friend.. and she's sorta my best friend. we became close this yr. things changed though.
my problem started at a sleepover, we've had them before and nothing ever happened BUT one in particular we kissed.
-come to think of it i'm not sure if this should go in a diff. thread?-
it was her first kiss, but my first bi curious moment? you see i've kissed guys b4 so that wasn't my issue and she's certain since she was young she's bi so i guess that's not her issue, or if she has an issue?? 0.o i think it's just me.
After it happened i acted wierd, no matter how badly i wanted to stop acting wierd, i just acted wierd. she didn't change though!
A diff friend lost his group of friends so i started spending time with him. To be honest, it partly was because i was acting wierd and couldn't snap out of it, i was tired of it and thought some space might help.
My bestfriend didn't like the new friend i was hanging out with.
Then, i decided to talk to her and explain that she is my bestfriend and i was trying to help him through his hard time, and i also talked to her about us kissing.
Basically, she doesn't like me, didn't get any feelings for me, didn't really care much for it. I reacted with happiness but i still felt like something was wrong, or the friendship was going down in flames.
Now, she has a new friend named Jessica whom i'm jelous of because my friend spends all her time with her.
Today she wouldn't talk to me and i knew something was wrong, she started crying in class.
How do i get over what happpened at the sleepover? And any outside idea why i was acting wierd? How do i get my friend to be my friend again, like, back to normal? And lastly, any suggestions about figuring out your sexuality without kissing girls?

Blah

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: i have a friend.. - March 27th 2011, 09:39 PM

I can't help you on the sexuality bit, since I am just about as straight as they come. =P But I think you should talk to your friend again. Tell her that you feel something is "off" with your friendship, but you don't want to push her and are willing to give her space - if that's what she wants. Make it clear that you're not trying to influence her decision one way or the other, you just want to know what she wants from you right now. If that's space, then give her space - after all, YOU needed space for a while, and YOU turned to another friend during that time, so it's only fair that she be allowed to do the same as well. If she doesn't want space, but agrees that things feel "off" as well, encourage her to think about how the two of you could repair your friendship. =) I wish you both all the best!

Closed Thread