TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
amimad? Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

My friend.. - April 1st 2011, 02:31 AM

Well I had a friend, and I've known her since 8th grade. I had a crush on her, and we started talking, and go to know each other pretty well. We stopped talking my freshman year, but started talking again in my sophmore year. I wouldn't say we were extremely close, but we were good friends, and I thought we were pretty cool. Well a couple months ago, we were sitting in Drivers Ed having a good laugh, talking, etc. So I decided to go talk to her on Facebook, because I hadn't talked to her in ages. But I relized she deleted me off her facebook completely, and I was clueless, and I had no reason why she did it...

I stopped talking to her completely, I haven't said a word to her since, and she hasn't attempted to talk to me. I really miss her now, I thought she was a really cool friend, and I have no idea how, or why this all happened. I don't want to just go up to her and ask why this all happend, because I fear her reaction (rejection, she'd probably look away, or walk away without saying anything.) Any suggestions?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: My friend.. - April 1st 2011, 11:08 AM

If you care about this person, you have to confront them. Talk to them about this. If you guys have a friendship, she shouldn't have done that. I'm sure she has a reason. You shouldn't be afraid of rejection. If you just stand back, you are not solving this issue. You are always going to question yourself about this. That seems like a horrible way to end a friendship. If the friendship is over, it is better to hear it from the horses mouth. Find out what her reason is. I can understand why you are scared and afraid to do this however, this is an obligation that you have to do. I hope things go well for you. I hope that you are able to get resolution on this.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: My friend.. - April 1st 2011, 05:28 PM

Hey there,

I am in agreement with Jesse, you need to talk to her. Though, I wouldn't bring it up right away. I would see how she is doing first and what not, then talk to her about why she deleted you off of face book. She should be honest with you if she wants to keep your friendship. I know it hurts to lose a friend, but I wouldn't want to have a friend that deletes me for seemingly no reason. You can also approach this in a different way by simply not takling to her and letting it go. That could be hard too, but she deleted you off of FB, obviously she doesn't want to be friends. Or it seems like she doesn't. I know that FB is just a website, but normally people don't delete someone if they are good friends with them. And certainly not for no reason. And if it was an "accident", she would have added you back.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
amimad? Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friend.. - April 1st 2011, 07:39 PM

Well, I had drivers Ed today, I was wayyyy too scared to say anything to her. But today she was kind of by herself (not with the crowd she is normaly with) and kinda edged her way beside me and my other friend. I was talking to my other friend, making jokes about this person driving, and then she (the girl) said in a teasing kind of way "Hunnterr stopp!!" she was kinda laughing, and smileing a bit, but I didn't say anything back I just smiled and said "it's true" or some bullshit. It caught me off guard, because that's the first thing she's said to me in a couple months, but I'll definatley try to start a conversation next time, and try to ooze my way into to asking her a few questions....

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: My friend.. - April 1st 2011, 07:47 PM

Yeah, she might be too nervous to talk to you herself. She deleted you off of Face Book, and you never talked to her about it. She might think you hate her because she did that so she is afraid to talk to you as well. I think that the drivers ed class incident shows that she is trying to make small talk too. So yeah, I would say it's worth a shot to talk to her and make short convo. It doesn't hurt to see what happens. Good luck!

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
ShesNotThere Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lee

Re: My friend.. - April 2nd 2011, 02:38 PM

Lyndsee has made some excellent points. Confrontation is really hard, but its a good idea to start slow with it. I'm glad she didn't completely shut you out. Work your way back up to talking to her again. She might deserve the benefit of the doubt, who knows? But there's definitely some sort of reason. I hope you guys work out ♥

Closed Thread