TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
meepers Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jess

Unhappy My mother hates me. - April 1st 2011, 02:34 AM

It never seems to get better with my mother, she always has to be right and she's so strict it annoys me. She's always been so hard on me compared to my sister and little brother. My brother's case I understand as he has cerebral palsy and won't ever get to experience many of the things my sister and I will. But my sister is so undeserving of any special treatment... she's basically the more rebellious child. My mom has always been so much harder on me than my sister... I feel like she purposely tries to make me suffer more. Though I get good grades and my sister has had to go to summer school twice for hers she still tells me mine are terrible and is never impressed with me. I've basically been really fortunate in the friend department and have had 5 really close friends for the past 10 years as well as lots of other various good ones and my sister just glides through different groups of friends. She also has done drugs and is sexually active, my mom is aware of this but she persists to make my life miserable.

My mom is going on a vacation with my brother, step dad, and her best friend and she's paid for my sister to go on a different vacation to new york. She wouldn't let me go to either of them, so instead I asked if I could go camping with a few friends this summer (a little early to ask I suppose but we are putting down the deposit early and they needed to know if I was going to be involved) she told me I couldn't go and basically laughed in my face when I got upset about it. She even told me she didn't want me to go on a trip with one of the people present who is apparently unstable and bipolar and could possibly kill herself. (Which is so heartless as I once told her about my friend being pulled out of school for being on suicide watch and she was actually laughing about it!!!!!!!!!!)

Even the other day she told me she hated me. Then when I asked her to apologize she told me I deserve one it's my fault. She always does this to me it's just not fair.

Btw my mom is a therapist ironically enough, and everytime I try to talk to her she acts like I'm delusional and never even listens to me! Yes I admit that sometimes I am to blame for fights but her obsession with hating me apparently is all in my head! Especially when she said she hated me the other day, she keeps on saying she said "she hates what I do, the choices I make etc" when in fact she said "i hate you just stop I don't care"

In general... I don't know what to do anymore, the only reason I'm even talking about it now is she's trying to purposely shut me out from everyone around me, she makes dinner and invites everyone to the table except me, she never takes me shopping but takes my sister, it's just gone too far now and I feel like I can't even tell my super close friends because it's so embarassing.

Please I have no idea what to do anymore, I don't want to let her see I'm winning as I feel me being sad always makes her feel better but it's just so hard... I feel as though my last option is to move out, but last time I told her I was going to stay with some friends for a few days she told me she'd call the cops if I left because I'm a minor (which sounds really sketchy to me...)

I'm just so fed up with my family, I feel like my friends are the only ones that care about me and I feel so outgoing when I'm with them. But being around my mom makes me feel depressed and really exhausted. I'm so lost.

Thanks to anyone who provides any advice, I really appreciate it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: My mother hates me. - April 1st 2011, 06:24 PM

I would look into it. My mother acts somewhat like that and is depressed as well as another mental disability I have yet to find a name for as well as post tramuamatic stress.

I understand being pissed off. My mother regularly tells me to kill myself and "Make the world a better place" by doing so. I have a whole thread about it under the depression and suicide board. It's rough. I'm not brave enough to seek help. She uses illegal drugs, depression meds and vitamin D supplements, the mixture is obviously not healthy. This could get her put in jail, or rehad, or even a mental institution. If you feel brave enough to report her to child services, or social workers, more power to you. There is no quick fix. I've tried since the day I was born to make things better but it doesn't really work. Seeking help is probably the best thing you can do at this point.

- Justin

Closed Thread