TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SnapCracklePop Offline
After all this time? Always <3
Not a n00b

Name: Annie

Question Should i tell her? - April 2nd 2011, 11:21 AM

I have this friend who's absolutely amazing and really nice! But recently all my friends have been talking about her, saying she's really weird and "retarded" because they saw her chewing her hair and picking a spot in lessons.
I feel so bad when they're laughing behind her back, but i don't think she's noticed. If she knew she'd be so upset.. and it would be so awkward telling her...and i don't know if she'd even want me to tell her?
Argh i feel like such a bad friend
She's also bi but only i know.. if that makes any difference?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: Should i tell her? - April 2nd 2011, 01:48 PM

Tell them to stop it. Explain to them, that you do not appreciate them making fun of her. I can understand how bothered you are. You have to speak up. You are not being a bad friend. You don't have to tell her that she is being made fun of. Just support her. Ignore what they say. You have to raise your voice about this. If you want to have a good friendship with her, you have to confront those that say those types of things. I'm sure if the tables were turned, they would not want to be made fun of. I hope things go well for you.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ShesNotThere Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Lee

Re: Should i tell her? - April 2nd 2011, 02:34 PM

I agree with Jesse. You don't have to tell her, but you do have to do something about it. Stand up to those kids and tell them to stop making fun of her. Whether she knows about it or not, you need to support her. You're worried about her, that shows you're a good friend. To be a great friend, stand up for her. Good luck

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Should i tell her? - April 3rd 2011, 06:10 PM

You need to tell them that you don't appreciate the snide comments about your friend. Explain to them that you are friends with her and explain to them that she is actually a cool person if they bothered to get to know her. What they do is bullying, and it should be tolerated. Stand up for what's right. I know that you are being a great friend, and your friend is lucky. I don't think telling her that she is being made fun of is necessary. It will only hurt her feelings. You can totally stop the bullying by standing up her. :]

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread