TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

best firend telling me he isnt my brother - April 7th 2011, 11:32 PM

ok i was telling one of my bestest firends about me and my brother she was like if he dosnt live with you he isnt ur brother than i wwas like waht he is to we have the same mom just because we were put in different houses dosent mean a thing well she said what ever and left and she texted me saying he isnt my brother get over it and if you dont were not friends so i just lost one of my bestest friends just because of this stupid thing i said im nevr getting over this he is my lil brother the one who makes me so happy it just mad me soo mad and it hurt me that she even did that its not like her she knows him to and knows how happy he makes me and i barly see him ya i blew her off to stay with him but she always understood do u think she is jelous of him or is she being ridicoulos or am i

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: best firend telling me he isnt my brother - April 8th 2011, 12:54 AM

She may be jealous... who knows? I don't think you were ridiculous for insisting that he is your brother. You're not just related... you also have a relationship with him! To suggest that you aren't siblings just because you live apart from each other is ridiculous. When kids move away from their parents to go to college, find jobs, etc. they don't lose that familial connection.

I would just stop talking to your friend for a week or two, see what she does. She may come back and apologize, or she may be absolutely out of her mind and refuse to talk to you because of your disagreement.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
01love Offline
Average Joe

Name: Lena

Re: best firend telling me he isnt my brother - April 8th 2011, 12:59 AM

Uh... I don't know if I understood correctly. The "brother" you're talking is your biological brother, but your friend is saying he isn't..? Where's the logic? lol You're not being ridiculous. I don't understand why your friend would say something like that, but for one, she is illogical, and two, she's completely out of her line. Your friend is strange o.o

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: best firend telling me he isnt my brother - April 8th 2011, 01:02 AM

I think that you made the right call in standing up for you and your brother.
She might be jealous, but I wouldn't know what of. He is your brother. Regardless of if he lives with you or not. You said he makes you happy as well. Don't give up someone who makes you happy, and don't feel bad for standing up to her about it. The fact that she can't realize that he means something to you is immature. You seem like a great friend, and she might want to be friends again in the future. But for her to say that she doesn't want to be your friend, is petty. You deserve better friends then that. Take care. <3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Re: best firend telling me he isnt my brother - April 8th 2011, 01:25 AM

ya and he is my biological brother we were just placed in different homes wen we were taken away form our mom mydad couldnt afford all of us

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: best firend telling me he isnt my brother - April 8th 2011, 02:46 AM

Your friend is being unreasonable and ridiculous. I'd let her be for a while but if she is your best friend, don't let the relationship be over because she has a silly view on the definition of a brother. It does sound like she is jealous because she perceives your brother pulling you away from her so she's trying to manipulate you, although if you want to still be together, just tell her that he isn't your brother to please her. If she begins doing this for other members of your family or friends, then she's obsessive over you but until then, don't lose a best friend over something so silly she's saying.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#7 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Re: best firend telling me he isnt my brother - April 8th 2011, 04:12 AM

im not doing that just to plz her he is my brother

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
jhor Offline
Average Joe

Name: Water

Re: best firend telling me he isnt my brother - April 8th 2011, 06:37 PM

Coco, your friend has no idea what she's talking about.

He's still your brother.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: best firend telling me he isnt my brother - April 8th 2011, 06:46 PM

It's always most likely when two kids (or more) are placed in foster care after a family member is not able to support them, they are seperated and put into different foster homes, which I hate. But, your friend is just being stupid. Just because you two don't live with each other anymore, you share the same DNA. You need to tell your friend that. My sister moved out when I was 12 and she was 21, but that did not not make her my sister anymore. We have the same mother, therefore, we're still siblings no matter how far away she was!

You need to tell your friend to stop being so ridiculous.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
1yr1a Offline
Not a n00b

Re: best firend telling me he isnt my brother - April 8th 2011, 08:50 PM

i say you don't listen to them if she was your friend and was so understanding then she wouldn't kick off and be ridicoulos like this i think your friend likes him as in love

I love sleep. My life has this tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.

If you want my help message me i will help everyone and everyone no one should be unheard.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: best firend telling me he isnt my brother - April 8th 2011, 09:00 PM

Your friend is being absurd; to say she'll stop being friends with you for that, it's just... I dunno what to say... o.o

Ignore her. Maybe she has some kind of problem with it, but it's not your problem. If she wants to be difficult, I guess you'll have to let her. It's not worth telling her things you know aren't true. Your brother is your brother; it doesn't matter where you grew up or where you live now.

Closed Thread