TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

*sigh* - April 8th 2011, 01:37 AM

I don't know...

I just can't feel close to anyone. My friends... I have tons of friends, but none of them is a friend I could necessarily call my best friend. I have Jadia, Savanna, Brittany... But although they are the ones I'm closest to, and who know the most about me, and who I've known for the longest time, I just can't seem to feel perfectly at ease around them.

Really, I want a friend like the ones people have in books. That person who's at your right hand who's with you through thick and thin, knows every bit of your personality and how to comfort you, who you can sit around being bored and talking about nothing with without feeling like a burden. Before you say anything, my friends are good friends. But there's no one I can really be completely myself around and know for certain that they'll still like me.

And at school... The other day, I told this boy not to touch me because he was a pervert (because he is), and the next thing I know, a random guy is telling him: "Don't worry, she's like that to everyone." I feel like I'm hated! I mean, I don't mean to be mean to guys, but when I always am, because I feel like if I'm even a bit nice to them, they'll think I'm flirting with them or leading them on. I'd just love to have a male friend for once, who I could just hang around with and talk to and not have to hear constant complaining and whining, and who'll just sit around and talk about hunting and play video games and pranks and talk about girls and likes the same things I do, for once.

I mean, occasionally, yes! I like to talk about guys (not very often, though; I'm more into girls). And occassionally, when I've had a really bad day, I like to just vent what horrors I've been through to my friends. Occassionally, I like to be a non-official psychologist for my friends. Occassionally, I don't mind talking to someone and repeating things five times over. But not all the time. No offense to girls, by the way, because I am a girl.

I'd really just like to have a best friend.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
1yr1a Offline
Not a n00b

Re: *sigh* - April 8th 2011, 09:14 PM

hey i can be a friend or try i have a friend how dateing my best m8t and we talk dirt all the time and stuff i can try to be that friend you want im not say i am or will be im just saying i will try my best and you dont have to change for me and i dono why you change for your friends they should like you they way you are and you can talk about anything to me i dont often take things the wrong way so tell me what you think kk hope to have a
pm from you

I love sleep. My life has this tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.

If you want my help message me i will help everyone and everyone no one should be unheard.

Closed Thread