TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Monbon23 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy Friends? - April 16th 2011, 10:39 PM

Lately, my so called "friends" have been bugging me. Apparently to them I am one of the "dumb blondes". I just got back from a week long trip to D.C. with my school and my friends. The whole trip they were making fun of me and saying that me voice sounded like a bee. I don't want to not be friends with them, most of them I have known for years. It seems like I am always the one who they pick on, leave out, etc. I have tried to mention that I have felt like this before, with no avail. I need help on what to do.

<3 Monica

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Friends? - April 16th 2011, 11:06 PM

Hey there,

First of all, welcome to TH! My name is Lyndsee :]

I'm sorry that your friends are treating you like this. You definitely do not deserve to be treated like this. They probably act this way because you let it happen. They think that because you haven't said anything to them previously, that it's okay to continue on with their actions. You have to stand up for yourself. You don't have to be rude about it, but you need to be firm. That's the only way that they are going to understand how much it hurts you. Tell them how you feel when they treat you like that. I know it's hard to confront your friends, but they aren't going to stop on their own, otherwise they already would have. If they continue with the way they treat you, I would start to pull away from them. You really don't need the hurt. I know you don't want to stop being friends with them, but the decision is entirely up to you. I just know that if it were me, I wouldn't want to stick around to be pushed around. Stand your ground. Make your wants and wishes known. If they are true friends, they are going to reverse their actions and respect you and the things that you say.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread