TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

my brother -_- - April 27th 2011, 08:08 AM

so first of all, just know this. my brother just turned 12.

he almost always just tries to piss me off no matter what. from calling me names to actually like punching and kicking me. like a few days ago when for 3 hours he wouldnt stop calling me bigfoot and saying i look like a gorilla, because i apparently have "gigantic feet" and the fact that i shave my arms and legs makes me a gorilla. but that the least of it. thats just the annoying.

lately hes been even worse with the really out of line names. he calls me a bitch and a cunt. he calls me fat. he calls me a loser. he calls me gay, like thats even an insult. he also has seen a couple cuts on my wrist and not really knowing it starting talking shit about how cutters are pathetic until i told him to fuck off and die... so then he told my dad i said that and i got yelled at.

also, when hes mad at me, he gets kind of violent. like today he punched my legs over and over cuz he got pissed, because he claimed i "kicked him in the neck" then he told my dad and i got yelled at.

he also lies all the time to get me in trouble.

im just so fucking sick of all his bullshit, and that i get in trouble when he lies about what i did. like im not fucking depressed enough already, he adds all of this shit AND gets me yelled at.

what can i do to just make him stop?!
  Send a message via MSN to Paix et Amour Send a message via Skype™ to Paix et Amour 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: my brother -_- - April 27th 2011, 07:33 PM

Do you have any bruises from the kicking? If so, take pictures of them right away, so you have photographic evidence of his abuse. If you have the money for it, buy a small tape recorder (or if you have a camera that has a video function, that works). Have that device in your room or nearby for whenever he starts saying all of those things about you. When he starts, calmly stand up, find the recorder/camera, and start recording. Don't say anything back to your brother, and don't make a big show about how you're recording the conversation. Your only goal is to get more evidence against your brother.

Once you have those things, you have two options. The first would be to go to your dad and show him what your brother has done and said to you. Let your father reach his own conclusions. If he is a reasonable man, he'll realize that your brother needs to be dealt with. Your brother may just be going through a really crappy pre-teen "phase", and some disciplining from your father will set him straight in time. If there's something more serious going on (ex. conduct disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, anti-social personality disorder), then your father will need to look into getting your brother additional help through a psychological professional who specializes in behavioral modification.

If your father will not listen, then I would take this to the police and get Child Protective Services (CPS) involved. They can send a social worker on a regular basis to check up with you and make sure your brother isn't abusing you (yes, this IS abusive behavior, so they WILL take it seriously). They may even be able to make counseling/treatment mandatory for your brother (or for the whole family), if your father isn't willing to take action himself.

I wish you all the best. <3 Let us know how things go!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: my brother -_- - April 28th 2011, 01:24 AM

thanks. ive tried most of that and it doesnt work usually, but i can try again i guess
  Send a message via MSN to Paix et Amour Send a message via Skype™ to Paix et Amour 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: my brother -_- - April 28th 2011, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace And Love View Post
thanks. ive tried most of that and it doesnt work usually, but i can try again i guess
I'm sorry to hear that. =( Well, I assure you that the police/CPS WILL do their job. If they don't, keep calling them, talk to different people (another police officer/social worker, a trusted teacher/counselor/adult), etc. Be persistent, and don't resign yourself to being abused by your brother.

Closed Thread