TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

school reuninon (primary school) - May 4th 2011, 01:09 PM

on fb i liked a page for my primary school like for old pupils who used to go to the school ect. i got an email today saying their is an old school reuninon planned for the 15th of july, asking me if i would like to attend. i dont know if i do or not. i never really had any friends in primary school, and im pretty sure everyone will have forgotten me ect or will have jobs and when they find im jobless pretty much, they're gona think oh look she never made anything of herself. i somewhat to go and somewhat dont, plus im scared if i go and panick and get panick attacks whilst im there everyone who aint seen me since i was like ten is gona think that im just messed up. i dont know what to do. part of me wants to go because there were people in my class i did get on ok with, but others werent, and some of my classmates from primary school are now in jail.

sorry if i've posted this in the wrong place, not sure where else to post it, feel free to move it if it is in the wrong place.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: school reuninon (primary school) - May 6th 2011, 12:20 AM

Hey there,

I totally understand why you would or wouldn't want to go. It makes perfect sense. I would make a list of reasons as to why you want to go and a list of why you wouldn't want to go. Also, can you call an old friend that you get on okay with and see if you can go with them? I think if you were to go with them, you would feel more comfortable about being there. You know? It might be nice to go because you can reunite with people. And maybe you will be surprised, and it will be better than you are anticipating.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: school reuninon (primary school) - May 6th 2011, 12:34 AM

I understand where you are coming from being nervous and everything, for ones you haven’t seen them in over 5 years approximately. But if I try to put myself on your shoes and I received the invitation I would also be nervous but excited at the same time getting to see all the people again and everything. Also I don’t think you are in a bad spot, considering the fact that you are not in jail like some of your classmates. At the end of the day it’s your decision I would go.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: school reuninon (primary school) - May 7th 2011, 10:28 AM

i know, i think its the mostly the fear of panick attacks and knowing the fact that most people from my year are either at uni or are qualified and holding down a good job. what do i say to them when they ask so what do you now, and i tell them well im still in college and i work 3 days a week part time in a preschool. they're going to look at me like im wasting away my life and judge me on it. all the teachers at my primary school always thought i would never make anything of my life. and i guess i have prooved them right. while all my class mates apart from the ones in jail. will have made something of thier life, theres me who has'nt really made much of themselves since they left primary school.

and when they ask how i've been what do i say ? yeah alright you ? then later when i get panicky and have a panick attack they will see i've lied to them about being alright. i'll probably be the only one there whos got cuts and scars on thier legs and arms. the school i went to was'nt a big school either just a small one about 5 minuets from my house. i guess in a way it would be nice to see my old teachers and my old learning support teacher who helped me so much, i just dont know.

i guess i could make a list. no harm would come from making a list. i might speak to my mum and ask her what she thinks. my sisters went to the school too and have been invitied. to go aswell. so i dont know. i guess i could always look at the event on facebook and see who from my year / class has said 'yes im atteneding ' to the event. i dont know.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

Closed Thread