TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Mothers day - May 8th 2011, 01:35 PM

anyone else hate mothers day due to not having a mom me i never had a true mom so mothers day is when me and my sis r in terrible moods we have no way to cope with it all we know is our mother never being there so mothers day just one more reminder she never will be and its hard on both of us stressful to

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Serene Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Mothers day - May 8th 2011, 04:49 PM

I can relate, considering I was the same way with Fathers Day. It is especially hard when you are a kid, and you get that time in class to make homemade cards or presents. Eventually I just ignored the holiday and thought of it as any other day. It's just a holiday I don't think of because it doesn't relate to me, like Hanukkah or 4th of July.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
*CatchingStars* Offline
Healing my soul
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: Mothers day - May 8th 2011, 05:34 PM

exactly i got tired of explaining to ppl why i wasnt makeing one i just got to the pt i asked my teacher if i can make something else she said ok but it hurt not knowing i didnt have a card to make for mothers day to give to a mother im glad high school dosent do the card making thing now

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Iím catching stars in the sky because I am fixing the soul within me. May it be from the heart a girl broke years ago or my soul simply repairing itself as it was shattered on my walk on this earth. May the stardust fill those cracks within my soul making me brand new, but never forgetting who I once was.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Mothers day - May 8th 2011, 06:11 PM

You should hang out with your friends on mothers day, keep your mind off it. My best friend lost her mother to suicide three years ago (wow it seems like much longer then that). Ever since then I always hang out with her on mother's day. My family will do like a mother's day breakfast then chill with her the rest of the day. This year we are going to this arcade place then out to dinner. I simply told my family I'll ask her to come to the bathroom with me so they can do cards. Talk to your friends. Sometimes they don't know when you want time alone or when they need to step up. Keep your head up, know you're not alone.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread