TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Dirty looks. - May 24th 2011, 08:57 PM

Hai guyss.

This isn't a massive problem and it doesn't really bother me too much, but I have the chance to get some advice on it, so I see no reason why I shouldn't take it. I know people are much worse off than me, so obviously go elsewhere before here and stuffs.

So I have this friend. I'll call her...lulu. Her name is not lulu. But anyway. Her and my friends ex had a thing while my friends ex was still with my friend. Lulu was my friends' best friend, and now they dont talk. I think you can probably work out why.

So yeah. Lately I've gotten a lot closer to this friend and her ex. I havn't spoken to Lulu as much as normal, but I do try. I'll do my normal annoying things such as knee her in the bk of the leg lightly so her knees bend and stuff. I do it to everyone. I do it to her, always have done. She knows this. I'll say hi and things, like I normally would. But recently she's been giving me really weird looks. I assume it's because I'm hanging around with my friend who doesn't talk to her anymore and she's jealous. I mean, she's like that generally, she's a very petty person. She hasn't said anything about it, but when I wave like a maniac at her she just stares at me like...wtf...

Haha, so yeah. Like I said it's not a massive problem for me. If she's going to be petty like that, well honestly I can use my time more effectively and worrying over her. Obviously it would be nice for her to not mean it in this way, but whatever. Any advice on such a situation would be happily welcomed.

Thanks guys!
Peace,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: Dirty looks. - May 24th 2011, 10:26 PM

My best advice is to ignore the looks. If she has a problem with someone, that's her business and it's up to her to sort it out. She needs to realize that just because she's not on speaking or friendship terms with someone, it does not mean that she has the right to get mad at anyone who is. You're completely free to choose who you interact with, and a row between your friends shouldn't have to force you to take sides.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Dirty looks. - May 25th 2011, 03:59 PM

Casey is right. Just ignore her. Honestly, her looks are probably just because you're hanging out with her ex friend.
You're your own person, so you can decide who you hang out with. It's possible that "lulu" could be jealous of the fact that you're now hanging out with her ex friend and she doesn't get to. She might even feel as though she has been replaced, or regretful of what she did to her friend. You know? But don't let it become your problem. This is her problem, and hers alone. You keep living your life as you normally would. You get to be friends with whoever you desire, and that's not anyone elses business. If she keeps making faces, keep ignoring. You can even smile back, or even wink. Killin' her with kindness ftw. Take care, dear<3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Dirty looks. - May 25th 2011, 05:37 PM

Thanks for the replies, Casey and Lynds. I appreciate it.

I get what you're saying, and it's what I was going to do I guess. It's nice to get a second opinion though. I know she's petty, she's done things like this before, but for reasons other than this one. She almost certainly doesn't regret what she did, she's tried stirring it up more to get someone in trouble, but that's another story. I think she's just a jealous person with the desire to control people.

Anyway, thank you for replying. I shall continue to be nice to her and entertain myself by seeing what it does

Take care,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

Closed Thread