TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

MY FATHER IS COMING TO GET ME!!! - June 3rd 2011, 03:44 AM

As some of you may know I posted a thread about finding my father, after talking to him for a few hours, he wants to come get me, he said he wants me to be safe(see thread about stepfather). I am really excited about this and so happy to get out I have one concern though, the police said he can come get me, but the police said I could also leave at 17!?! Right I know and look where I am at.... Well the law states that I can choose my parent at the age of 13 and I'm 17 now so this could be ok.... Still concerned though... He said he will call his wife and have her go buy everything I need that way when I get there I have it all.... I never thought this man after 11 years would be soo kind... I feel like I missed out on everything, and god bless his heart for this, I mean hes a truck driver and hes on the road right now but he is going out of his way to get me.... I just don't want him to get here and then the cops just say no.... But when I left and the police returned me they said to find him, and he has a place, and a job and he can support me.... I'm really happy

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

Send a message via Yahoo to BethanyAnn Send a message via Skype™ to BethanyAnn 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: MY FATHER IS COMING TO GET ME!!! - June 3rd 2011, 04:45 AM

Bethany!
I'm so excited for you. In most states, the legal age of consent is 17 years old. That's usually with sex, but I believe it goes with everything else. You are allowed to leave with him, as he is your legal parent. If the cops understand about your step-father, and advised you to find your father, then you should have no concerns.
You are so lucky to have a dad who is willing to do these things for you! I wish my dad would have done so, but luckily, I'm old enough to understand why he was never in my life, and I've been stronger because of that.
Just let things happen, and you will be much happier when you are in a safer place.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

Re: MY FATHER IS COMING TO GET ME!!! - June 3rd 2011, 04:52 AM

Iam excited just very scared in away and I think it is my fathers turn to have me

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

Send a message via Yahoo to BethanyAnn Send a message via Skype™ to BethanyAnn 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: MY FATHER IS COMING TO GET ME!!! - June 6th 2011, 11:36 PM

Bethany has created a new thread right here with an update on what's been going on since the start of this, so I will be closing this thread. Feel free to PM me with questions<3

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
Closed Thread