TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fill my heart with love.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ash

Gal pals - June 14th 2011, 06:14 PM

Hey so im a chick and nearly all my friends are guys. I love my guys cuz theres so much less drama involved and they're easier to talk to a be around. Im not at all tomboyish, i like clothes and makeup and stuff but my personality is more guy-ish meaning that im really blunt, kinda crass at times, and i put myself out there and dont really care what others think. Anyways since Im always with the guys, girls think im a slut.. And I feel like I need some girl friends. I have a few outside of school but i need some at my school. How do i get some friends that are girls that i actually like? Thanks!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

Re: Gal pals - June 14th 2011, 06:43 PM

Wow I am the same way and I am called a slut and what I am thinking when they say that is like umm someone is jealous cause I have more guy friends then they do and truth is they are prolly the sluts, just there way of venting like you said with girls there's a lot more drama and that's a prime example of it girls being catty and calling people sluts... and who cares what they think.. what I did was get gay guy friends so that way I could still go do girl stuff and feel like a girl not to mention gay guys are funny and awesome to be around LOVE them they may have drama and they may talk a lot but hey its funny and your not intertwined in it and they don't hold grudges like other girls do and they will defend you til the end... But if you want to find a group of girls in school find the ones that are just there and they hang in small groups like three or four people those are really the nice ones I find and if you can just get to talkin to one of them then they will start introducing you to the rest and usually with gay guys comes more girls that maybe you can get along with and won't judge you...

Best of Luck

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

Send a message via Yahoo to BethanyAnn Send a message via Skype™ to BethanyAnn 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Re: Gal pals - June 15th 2011, 04:13 AM

You could ask your guy friends to introduce you to their other female friends. =) That's generally worked well for me - in fact, that's how I found one of my two roommates! You could also join a club or organization based on your personal interests. You may know some of the people there, and they may think you're a "slut". Some people probably won't know you, however, and joining a club/organization will give those girls a chance to learn more about you based on who you are, not based on what other people say you are. All they'll know is that you have something in common with them (hence joining the club/organization), which is a good start to developing a new friendship. =D

Closed Thread