TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
HelpNeeded Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Rhinoplasty - June 26th 2011, 12:19 AM

So yeah...I'm getting a nose job I guess. I've always been extremely self conscious about my nose, and it really kills my confidence, especially with girls. My face would be a lot more proportioned. I know, I know, love who you really are, blah blah blah, but I guess I can't handle being an ugly guy. I've spoken with my doctor about it, and I have a appointment with the surgeon. These are very difficult to do. If something go's wrong and I end up looking worse than before I'll just die....I'm more worried about the social issues with it. I have no idea how to inform my parents about it. I would basically have to explain to every person that I know that I'm getting it...

Last edited by HelpNeeded; June 26th 2011 at 12:59 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Rhinoplasty - June 26th 2011, 02:12 PM

Hey there,

Well first of all I'm sorry your self esteem is so bad that you're planning on getting a nose job but I'm not going to lecture you on it since it's your body and you're entitled to your own decision.

Also, since you're asking about how to tell people rather than asking about the health side of it I'm going to move this to Friends and Family as you may get better responses there.

Take care and good luck with everything

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambiance Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Rhinoplasty - June 28th 2011, 01:29 AM

I would just explain it to people to the best of your ability.. Say, "I've talked to the doctors, I've thought about this for a very long time, and I'm having a rhinoplasty." That's really all you can do.

However, can I just say: It's kind of normal for guys to have big-ish noses. I don't know the situation, I'm just saying, think over things carefully first!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Rhinoplasty - June 29th 2011, 06:12 AM

I'd seriously advise you do not go through with it. It can go very wrong.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Rhinoplasty - June 29th 2011, 07:02 PM

I am against plastic surgery if you are not terribly deformed like the hunchback of notre dame (Which most people are not. ) However if it would give you more self confidence, and you honestly want it, do it. It could make you look worse, or feminine, so keep that in mind.

However it is your decision and your family should respect that. Even avoid telling them, and they'll notice on their own. It's your face.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Rhinoplasty - June 29th 2011, 08:09 PM

I have several friends what have done a nose surgery to because of cosmetic wants and I can tell you all of them liked it so far. Four friends have done it and all of them liked it, and to be honest they do look better with the rhinoplasty. Bottom line if you really want to get it because you feel your nose is too big them get it done it will help your self esteem and give you confidence there is even a program some doctors have that will show you how you will look after the surgery maybe ask your doctor for that. As far as your parents explain to them that it will give you a massive boost to your self esteem maybe ask them to give it to you as a birthday gift or another holiday.
Good Luck.!

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread