TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Renedenton Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Loner - June 26th 2011, 06:06 AM

I've not been well making friends for as long as i can think of.
After my first school i left it with no friends at all to recall, and during my second school and sixth form, i pretty much left with maybe one real good friend who in the end, could not get close to.

I didn't make friends too well because i was a bit of a loner as a kid, i was very shy and didn't really speak to anyone, it put distance with some kids and i found it very hard to get into groups, anyhow now that i've grown i see how much of a weird kid i was.

The only idea i can think of, being me getting a job and the likely hood of me meeting people my own age in that being terrible.

I find im now very much trapped and a bit of a loner, aint really got anywhere to go, no way of meeting new people and i don't know what else to do. so yeah the one friend i did get close to was pretty much a nerd who would not get involved in anything, so i really do feel terrible and yet selfish for feeling like this, but i'm really feeling down and its been like this for a long time. i tried ever so hard during my first and last year of sixth form to make new friends and yet no one seemed to want to like me, i was stuck with the geeky group and it did put me off how they would read books and talk chitter chatter about stuff i hated, yet i tried to talk about whatever and be as talkative as i could, it didn't work and now im alone having finished sixth form.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Loner - June 26th 2011, 08:47 AM

Hey there.

I understand what you're going through. I had a similar situation when I was in Primary School, moving into Secondary school and losing all of my friends, although this sounds worse.

Seeing as you've left school now and I'm gathering, from what you've already said, that you're looking for a job or will be? Coworkers can become friends, but it really depends what type of job you get and who you're working with. But if an opportunity arises, don't blow people off because you're worried they could never become your friend.

There are clubs and activities for adults. Take a look at your interests and then see if there are any adult classes or groups near you. For example (although these may not interest you) my mum goes to a book club and a yoga class where she has friends that she otherwise wouldn't have known.

PM me if you want to talk about anything.

Hester.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

Closed Thread